AL 40's other than Yellow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug wrote...
www.fifthd.com usually has black 40s in stock... with 300 bar DIN too.
Straying slightly off topic...isn't 300 bar the DIR/GUE standard? I recall seeing 200/232 bar fittings on deco tanks, though...in the DIRF book, if I'm not mistaken.

Straying back to the thread now...is there a serious answer to my question on why black tanks wouldn't be suboptimal? It just seems to me that you'd want maximum visibility for dropped tanks...

Uncle Pug wrote...

But we don't drop tanks.

Perhaps the cavers would be using white or yellow... dunno...
Interesting...I haven't done any wreck penetration diving, so it's all theoretical to me....I'd assumed you might on long penetration dives, especially in tight quarters where stages would be overly cumbersome.

Another assumption bites the dust...

:)

We drop tanks but I still don't care what color they are. I don't need to see them at all to find them.

Also being that most of my diving is caves and often there is noplace to get fills so all my stage and deco bottles are al80s.

Color? who cares?

metridium once bubbled...
Straying back to the thread now...is there a serious answer to my question on why black tanks wouldn't be suboptimal? It just seems to me that you'd want maximum visibility for dropped tanks...

There have been a couple times when the yellow deco cylinder was all I could see of my buddy. Black is required for the "club" as they have to be color coordinated. And I don't drop my tanks either.

Phil

Well since I started this I should say that I have nothing against yellow tanks except for the fact I think they're ugly. They are probably easier to see, and easier to find. If I ever have to drop my Deco tank though you can be assured that I am going to make sure I know exactly where it is. If I need to rely on color to find it, I've done something wrong.

Thanks for all the responces.

..I noticed you are located in Kwaj...a friend of mine just got back from diving there a month or two back and said the diving was absolutely amazing. He works for a government contractor on launch vehicles or some other engineering/defense weirdness I don't understand...he said it was impossible for me to dive there unless I had a similar occupation.

Richeod wrote...
If I ever have to drop my Deco tank though you can be assured that I am going to make sure I know exactly where it is. If I need to rely on color to find it, I've done something wrong.
Or maybe someone else has silted out that area of the wreck/cave...

as I said, I'm no techie, so it's all theoretical at this point to me.

:)

But IMHO, the yellow deco cylinders are much easier on the eyes than those horrendous white ones in the DIRF book....

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom