Akumal Beach Resort Dive Shop?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Swarth - Vista del Mar and Akumal Dive Adventures are great. We're leaving Friday for our 4th trip in 3 years. (This time 4 days Akumal/4 days Cozumel). The dive shop is very laid back and great with new divers. 3 single tanks a day at 9am, 11am and 2pm, or there abouts. The diving is very easy drift, very relaxed. Lupe and Jose are good DM's and will give you as much or as little assistance as you need or want both in and out of the water. They are both good and finding all sorts of interesting things to look at. You dive to 500psi, never rushed. If anyone is low on air and the rest of the group is ok, then you just surface with your buddy and the rest continue on their dive. If the dive runs long then they just push back the times for the 2nd and 3rd dives. The condos are nice, not fancy, but clean, well kept and spacious. The location is perfect right in the center of Half Moon Bay. You'll be about a 12-15 min walk to Akumal Bay ("town") and about 10 from Yalku Lagoon. You might want to consider doing a snorkel trip with Hidden Worlds so you can experience the cenotes. If you like it, then do the cavern dive next time.

Swarth:
We will also be in Akumal at the Vista Del Mar Condos, May 7-14 before heading over to Coz for the next week. We have already booked 6 dives each with Akumal Dive Adventures. We won't be doing any Cenotes this trip but are looking forward to gaining more experience and becoming better divers.

We have not yet booked with any shops in Akaumal, due to the inability to get group concesus on dates, times, and activities! I have booked dives for the Coz part of the trip though!
There are so many fun things to do!....I just want to dive!!! :11:

I'm sure we are going to have a great time 27 days and counting! I researched a bit before we decided on Akumal and it just seemed more laid back than Cancun. Snorkeling right outside and Yal Ku nearby. I hope to run into someone from here! Our Coz dive booking is for the 16,17,18 with Jeremy @ Living Underwater. The idea of steel 120's really appeals to a big guy like me. Although with my workout regime for the past several months firmly in place, I imagine I'll be using less air than my last dives. The only disadvantage is we are staying up at the Melia on Coz and it seems quite a ways up north away from things. We have a car for the first week in Akumal but not Coz. I guess we will end up knowing a taxi driver well by the end of the week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom