AKONA Bags

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubabob

Reaction score
Still lookng for that perfect dive gear travel bag, Akona's new duffel and backpack now come with a Travel security sleeve, has anyone used one of these? Have avoided Akona in the past because of the logo's. Can't find one in local LDS to check out if this is a practical product.

I got it on sale at the LDS, when I need a travel bag for gear anyway. It has the security sleeve, but I forgot to use it when I got to the airport....

Does that count as "dumb things we have done with scuba gear"? Luckily, the mistake didn't cost me anything!

Happy Diving!
Scuba-sass :)

I have an Akona Travel bag with the wheels and the backpack straps. Is the security sleeve the cover that is in the pouch on the backside?

is it lockable?

the diveshop i work at sells akona, its our best selling bag, most of our staff has owned or used other brands and have switched to Akona. Most of us use the Akona Deluxe Backpack, works great. The security sleeve you're talking about is a separate nylon bag that has no markings on it, all black, that your bag slides into. looks like a large duffle bag then. Akona is one of the best selling bags because its appearance is less inviting to airport theives and vandals. Most people recognize other larger brand names for diving equipment, than Akona. The logo on the bag for Akona as you well now is the frog, but underneath it says Adventure gear, unlike other companies that advertise a scuba name. Since our staff has changed to Akona brand bags we've had less problems in the airports with missing items, or damaged items. Hope this helps.

I have a Akona Regulator Bag/Backpack and love it! It's very well built and holds 2 regs, 2 masks and other stuff. It's the best bag I own.

Scott:)

Your not wanting to buy a bag based on their frog Logo is a little goofy.
Suck it up, throw a bumper sticker over it if it bothers you and buy the bag.

I have owned and used a big rolling Akona dive bag for 4 years. Both for diving and regular travel. I have beat the **** out of it, and although it has a few small tears, it has worn really well, particularly for the cost.

Never have used the sleeve. I usually carry stuff in the front pockets, like my reg, then remove them to carry on once at the airport. Upon arrival, I put stuff back in the pockets while in transit to hotel or wherever. The sleeve would be in my way too much. I haven't had any problems.

Another thing I've noticed, when I use my Akona bag I am going diving. I usually notice several other bags that are like mine. I have to make sure and put cutsie ribbon etc to be able to identify mine easily.

Julie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom