AKONA Bags

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just returned from 7 weeks in SE Asia and my AK 144 bag looks as good as new, mainly to the fact that I used the travel sleeve which is now looking a bit warn and with some slight holes in it, I figure I will buy a new sleeve when the time comes. I made 16 flights with it covering the following countries: Indonesia, Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand and I'm fairly certain it got the hell banged out of it as some of the ground crews in these countries could give a rats a_ _!, but it only shows minor abrasions near the wheels. I'm convinced this Akona gear is tough as nails, the only drawback was the weight of my bag which was never less than 26 kg. and over 30Kg. on the trans-pacific flights. One note, I did carry my reg. in it's bag as 'carry on', I would never trust it on the outside of the bag itself. I locked up every compartment with TSA locks and never had a problem. As a frequent long distance traveler I'm convinced this must be good gear!

My g/f who knows all thought I should not use it.

Are you dating my wife? I’ve been wondering why she has been working late...

Back
Top Bottom