Akona 7mm or BARE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

G-Diver

New
Reaction score
I'm looking for a 7mm that'll keep me warm but won't break the bank. I saw the Akona brand on leisurepro for only $164! I can't see finding another 7mm that cheap. Should i buy it or spend more money and go for the BARE or henderson suits? Is there really going to be that much of a difference ithe performance of the suit? I thought a wetsuit was a wetsuit.

All comments and opinions are appreciated
thanx!

I really like the quality of the Bare wetsuits.
Leisure Pro has the best prices I've seen on Bare suits.

I own 2 Bare wetsuits and a Bare drysuit.

All wetsuits are not created equal!
There can be a difference between brands (quality of neoprene, and workmanship).

Hi G-Diver:

I'll agree with Tavi. Leisure pro has the best $ and outstanding delivery & service.

Both Bare & Hendersen suits are very good quality suits. Both have more sizing selections.

I have a Hendersen Gold Core suit myself and love it very much.
The bare neoprene material really keeps the water to a min.
Also it is very comfortable to slip into & out of also.

I also heard Akona was a nice wetsuit also.

Myself, speaking, whatever wetsuit i would buy, I would stick to the known brands that you see out in the market place & advertised in diving magizines.

Safe diving to you....:wave:

Thanks for the advice!

Go with the Akona, I've had one for a 2 years now and I love it.

If you're a medium in Akona, I'm trying to sell a 2 piece 7mm that's pretty much in new condition. It's on ebay and it'll probably sell for $75.

I used it in 40 degree waters, and it was fine. It fit me well and kept me plenty warm enough. Best of luck :)

Hmm, chipping my two cents in, IMHO, if you use it alot, chances are, a wetsuit will last you less that two years (typical, IMHO), I went with best fit and low price. I opted for a deal a place nearby was having on Akona 7mm one piece. I spent around 150.

I will also say, I found I liked how the henderson's felt and how easier they were to put on, GREAT suits, really. I opted for price instead since, well, I'll probably wear this suit out in under two years easy. Just food for thought.

-Dennis

with a wetsuit...make sure it fits correctly...snug, with no big gaping pockets of air....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom