Airline Recommendation - Puerto Princesa - Manila

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jklassy

Registered
Reaction score
I'm doing a live aboard to Tubbataha in March and am looking for a recommendation for flying back to Manila from Puerto Princesa. It looks like there are three options, and prices, scheduling, and baggage allowance all seem similar. Can anyone with actual experience provide a recommendation?

I've used Cebu Pacific several times, they generally seem reliable and reasonably on time. They also have specials every so often that can make the flights quite cheap.

I've also had experience with Philippine Airlines - though they tend to be way more expensive, but you do get a nicer terminal in Manila, and in-flight food. Never flown with any of the others.

Z...

the 3 major airlines that fly to PPS are pretty the same... zee's right... with PAL you get a better terminal and some food, other than that it's basically the same

air philippines uses the same nice terminal as PAL but no food...

enjoy your trip!

Jag

Thanks! Hey - can either of you recommend a decent (safe, but affordable) hotel near the airport in Manila? I have to overnight one night. I don't need any luxuries, just something reasonably clean and safe with convenient airport access.

Thanks! Hey - can either of you recommend a decent (safe, but affordable) hotel near the airport in Manila? I have to overnight one night. I don't need any luxuries, just something reasonably clean and safe with convenient airport access.
the heritage hotel is a 5-star...

other than that... there's a small hotel in the pasay motel district (about 5-10 mins from the airport) sorry can't remember the name... it looks decent...

Jag

There is the Manila Airport Hotel. Far from being the fanciest hotel in Manila but it's within the airport compound (although the taxi/ shuttle will have to drive out of the security check points to get around). I had a chance to use it recently as I had an int'l arrival near midnight and then domestic flight out at 7am the following morning.

Really basic hotel (motel I should say) located near the Int'l Terminal. Price is a bit steep for what you get, but you pay for the location. Forget what the rate is - something like $50-60. Steep considering a similiar style hotel in some other part of Manila would probably run you 25-40 probably... Perfectly fine and safe (security guard at front door) for somewhere just to crash overnight. There is a 24 karaoke bar in next to the lobby but you can't hear anything from the rooms. Basic convenient store across the parking lot for water, etc... And a KFC connected to it in case you have a craving for finger licking food...

If we had an earlier arrival or our flight left later in the morning, we would have preferred to pay the extra for the Heritage...

There is the Manila Airport Hotel. Far from being the fanciest hotel in Manila but it's within the airport compound (although the taxi/ shuttle will have to drive out of the security check points to get around). I had a chance to use it recently as I had an int'l arrival near midnight and then domestic flight out at 7am the following morning.

Really basic hotel (motel I should say) located near the Int'l Terminal. Price is a bit steep for what you get, but you pay for the location. Forget what the rate is - something like $50-60. Steep considering a similiar style hotel in some other part of Manila would probably run you 25-40 probably... Perfectly fine and safe (security guard at front door) for somewhere just to crash overnight. There is a 24 karaoke bar in next to the lobby but you can't hear anything from the rooms. Basic convenient store across the parking lot for water, etc... And a KFC connected to it in case you have a craving for finger licking food...

If we had an earlier arrival or our flight left later in the morning, we would have preferred to pay the extra for the Heritage...
leave it up to pakman to give you the nearest location of food and karaoke...

Jag

When are you doing Tubbahata? I am also doing a liveaboard in march. I will be aboard the Stella Maris from march 16 - 21

doesn't get better than KFC and off tune karaoke... :mooner:

Hanguk umshik, te mashisayo!

(English keyboard, sorry)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom