Airline Recommendation - Puerto Princesa - Manila

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I stayed at City State inMalate last June. It's small, but comfortable, clean, has hot a shower and a good breakfast. I think it was about $25.

It's about 20 minutes with traffic taxi ride to the airport, and about 200 pesos ($5).

On the taxi front, from Manila airport, don't take the "Airport Taxi", they will rip you off by about 5 times what the rate should be. You can go upstairs on the escalator to the departures section - the guards may look at you strangely, but insist that you know what you are doing if they ask.

Grab one of the cabs that someone else has just turned up in. This, of course, assumes you are not flying with Philippine Airlines...

In regular cabs, when asked "how much do you want to pay". point to the meter, and tell them you want them to use the meter. Otherwise, offer absurd amounts like 20 pesos. If they refuse, get in the next cab.

Z...

Thanks! Hey - can either of you recommend a decent (safe, but affordable) hotel near the airport in Manila? I have to overnight one night. I don't need any luxuries, just something reasonably clean and safe with convenient airport access.

Last time I was in Manila, December last year, we had an early (06.40 departure) so we stayed at a hotel close to the airport. It's called "the Mabuhay Manor";

The Mabuhay Manor - The First Balikbayan Hotel

I booked and payed a deposit via their webpage, and payed the rest on site. Worked fine.

Not the fanciest hotel in the world, more lika a motel, and the surrounding areas are a bit shady, but seemed safe enough, not as nice as the surroundings of the 5 star hotels in Makati though. We walked from the hotel to the LRT and took a cab back late in the evening. Hotel has safety guard.

Next time I have an early flight in Manila I will stay there again, if you have more nights in Manila consider splashing out on some 5 star hotel, as they are relativly cheap.

Regarding the flights to P.P. , take whichever airline is the cheapest. Probably Cebu Air. With any lucky it's a "fun flight"...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom