Airline Choice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Catherine... love your new sig, but you gotta do something about that "0" contacts! :D As for older planes, not sure... all of those airlines have been ugrading their planes especially for the primary transpacific flights. I had a Seattle flight on China Airlines a few years back and I remember it was pretty nice. I forget if Cathay flies their newer planes on the SFO and LAX to HKG flights but I've noticed some of their planes and interiors are starting to show age. But they do have a pretty decent inflight entertainment system...

Gio, well if Cathay is that much cheaper, it's a no brainer.

pakman:
But KAL has the edge in terms of flight attendants... I like their new uniforms :wink:

I am sure Catherine is not interested in their uniforms. But I am, do tell. lol

you gotta do something about that "0" contacts!

I don't have the technical know-how to have friends. (I thought that meant contact sheet...yikes...thats like sayin I'm a LOSER) thanks..I will get right on it..Jam said he would be my special "contact", he is my only Flickr buddy.

I like fashion..what do they wear? Hopefully not those grungy apron things. I think they should wear cute skirts and heels. And those rude little hats off to one side.

catherine96821:
I don't have the technical know-how to have friends. (I thought that meant contact sheet...yikes...thats like sayin I'm a LOSER) thanks..I will get right on it..Jam said he would be my special "contact", he is my only Flickr buddy.

I like fashion..what do they wear? Hopefully not those grungy apron things. I think they should wear cute skirts and heels. And those rude little hats off to one side.
I'll add you as a contact as I love your free diving photos.

catherine96821:
I like fashion..what do they wear?

Does it really matter unless it is made of neoprene or trilam?

ams511:
I am sure Catherine is not interested in their uniforms. But I am, do tell. lol
newunifrom61.jpg

http://www.koreanair.com/local/na/gp/eng/au/ga/au_ga_ktv.jsp

although, I have to admit I do like the retro 50-60's Cathay Pacific uniforms some of the flight attendants have been wearing since Cathay has been celebrating their 60th anniversary..

sorry no trilam... :wink:

The new uniform is designed by Gianfranco Ferre, a famous Italian couturier.

TV Ad

sian10082005032422050200324bbbb-1.jpg

55.gif

I personally haven't flown from SFO/LAX to Asia before, but I have pretty much flown most airlines that do trans-Pacific flights from New York including Northwest, United, American, Cathay, KAL, Asiana, China Airlines, EVA, Singapore. Singapore is the best by far for economy, but CX is a close second. My only pet peeve with CX is that they don't have video on demand like Singapore in economy class, only continuous 45 channel video play (they have it in business class though). I just flown from NY -> HK -> Cebu 2 weeks ago on CX. NY <-> HK was pleasant, CX always use their newest planes on the longest flights so I am sure SFO/LAX -> HKG flights will use the new airbuses. But I agree with Pakman that on the short haul flights they use older planes (still newer than let's say, the AA flight from NY -> Tokyo I have been on). I was still impressed with the fact that CX served a real meal on that 1 1/2 hour flight - so used to US airlines only serving you one coke on a 6 hour flight between NY - SFO (United sucks!)

Don't bother with China Airlines, they get ex-Taiwanese military jet pilots to fly their planes. Safety record is worse than your other 2 choices.

My experience with KAL has not been so great in the past (older planes, bad in-flight food). But recently they are advertising on the Economist that they now have video-on-demand on their new flights, so someone else who has recently flown on KAL can shed some light?

oh wow, nice colors.

thanks, Midwestern!

Now, you men do realize that they are there for your safety right?

at least thats what the crabby American ones say to me when I ask for pillows and stuff.

I remember years ago as a child, my dad took my uncle to the airport. I came along for the ride. The stewardesses for Eastern at the time wore hot pants. lol.

Actually the first stewardesses on airplanes needed to be registered nurses, somehow over time they were transformed into hotties, then crabby middle aged women upset that their pensions and salaries get cut.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom