AirJuan to PG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I cannot comment on What are the chances, but... (and I apologize if this sounds pedantic, but may be helpful to someone out there)

They're flying a small, prop driven, float plane. I think it carries like 8-9 passengers max. It's larger than most private planes, but smaller than most "commuter" aircraft. So weight is a major factor; more passengers=lower luggage and vice versa. I've experienced that dilemma flying, as a passenger, on a de Havilland Beaver in Southeast Alaska, taking 4 passengers to my captain's remote cabin.

I would think that because of capacity, if Air Juan is available for a flight on your requested dates, the plane is basically "yours." And likely even more so if you book, say, 4 passengers all with extra baggage or dive gear. But safest bet would be a quick email to them to confirm or verify.

Yes, my concern is the baggage. I emailed them if I could buy 2 tickets and use one just for my dive gear but they didn't respond.

plane interior.jpg
seaplane.jpg

I used them on my solo trip to PG in May. I took all of my dive gear (about a 50lb dive bag) plus a roller board and back pack. It was a great way to go. I just paid for the extra baggage when I booked the ticket. It held 9 passengers (3 rows of 2+1 seats). Only 3 passengers going down but a full flight coming back. We hit some rain coming back so it was bumpy (think roller coaster) so as long as you are not afraid of small planes I would say go for it.

Attachments

• Bantangas.jpg
    Bantangas.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 64

Back
Top Bottom