AirJuan to PG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

billywinter

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anybody do this? Checking their website, I see a flight for about $100 which includes 22lbs of baggage. If we have 50lbs of gear it would be another $56. Interested if someone has done this, can they pick you up in Sabang or do you have to go Puerto Galera town to depart? Seems like a great way to get back to Sabang!

I have not personally used them, but my good friend has used them and really liked it. I cannot offer you much info but it was my understanding that they pick up in Manila Bay and land in (water in? LOL) Puerto Galera. I believe it is the main port of PG, not Sabang. I have not seen the plane in Sabang Beach area... Likely because of Banca traffic, divers heads bobbing at the surface, and more wave/swell action than PG's harbor.

But if you're staying somewhere like El Galleon, Coco, Scandi, or somewhere else that has a private dock/pier, maybe Air Juan could take you straight to your resort? I definitely think it's worth an email to ask :)

Their prices seem quite reasonable, I look forward to trying them out sometime in the future. Sorry I couldn't offer more, but good luck! Oh and let us know what you discover, especially if you fly with them

I will be using them for the first time on Tuesday. I have heard good reports from at least ten people so far. D_Fresh is correct in saying that the plane takes off from Puerto Galera bay. if you do use the service maybe your resort can pick up by boat from there. Otherwise its a jeepney or tricycle ride on a rough road.

if you haven't already booked a place please have a look at www.scandidivers.com
I'll be happy to help you with any questions.

Thanks for the replies. I emailed them and confirmed that they in fact leave only from Elizabeths hideaway resort in sandbar. It looks like half way between Sabang and White Beach, so not too far. Could probably take a boat there from Sabang (I'm staying at La Laguna resort and they have a dock). Our plane arrives too late for inbound travel but will definitely book for the return. They have a 1:40pm flight so we can sleep late and still get to Manila before check in time for last night of trip!

Thanks for the replies. I emailed them and confirmed that they in fact leave only from Elizabeths hideaway resort in sandbar. It looks like half way between Sabang and White Beach, so not too far. Could probably take a boat there from Sabang (I'm staying at La Laguna resort and they have a dock). Our plane arrives too late for inbound travel but will definitely book for the return. They have a 1:40pm flight so we can sleep late and still get to Manila before check in time for last night of trip!

I took the sea plane from PG to Manila last week, it's a great service and is well worth it. Your resort will be able to drop you at the sea plane dock no problem. Will be hard to take the ferry and bus again :)

I took the sea plane from PG to Manila last week, it's a great service and is well worth it. Your resort will be able to drop you at the sea plane dock no problem. Will be hard to take the ferry and bus again :)

Scandi, That's way cool! For sure I will have to try them sometime soon. My only issues is the traffic getting up to Manila Bay from southern NCR. But it sounds well worth it:D

The service does sound nice...not sure of the bag weight limitations have to plan that carefully. The bus and ferry do take longer than the 30 minute flight but for me the bus/ferry trip isn't so bad what is really bad is the 15 minute kidney bashing trike ride from PG to Sabang...for this the plane is worth it :)

My understanding is that this is a seasonal flight, not available year-round, correct?

Also, how long is the boat ride (likely provided by a resort) from SB to/from Sand Bar, where the plane lands in PG?

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure the Air Juan are year round, weather permitting?

I would say the boat ride to most places along Sabang would be about 10~15 mins or so? Certainly depends on banca size, wave action, and where along Sabang....

Puerto Galera is simply gorgeous. I think the aerial views plus the boat ride views alone would be worth the cost, with the travel time and flight experience being a bonus :wink:

So it's about $130 (6500 pesos) for 10kg + 23kg... But says, "23KG Check In Bags are allowed if space available"!

Hmmmmm, it would be a bummer if I can't take my scuba gear with me. What are the chances that space is NOT available?

Would love to hear more stories.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom