Airbus 380 not that big!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dive_lover88:
You sound like you need a private jet to yourself:D

A plane this size would mean a bigger maintanence headache for the mechanics and engineers...any one working in the airline maintanence business can back me up:D
can you just imagine the long wait at baggage pickup!

mike_s:
You guys don't realize the investment that UPS has in avaiation.

UPS is the 7th largest airline in the world.

UPS owns Apollo Aviation products (now UPS Aviation), which are the flat panel GPS moving map displays in many airplanes today, both private and commerical.

UPS trains the 89th Airlift Wing pilots for the US Air Force. If you don't know who this is, it's the pilots that fly Air Force One. Yes they are trained by UPS to fly the 747, not the Air Force.

Interesting huh?

As you can see, UPS has had a huge past with Beoing. AirBus' 2-3 years late I'm sure gave Boeing an opportunity to re-gain a sale... or maybe UPS was using this as a bargaining piece with Boeing.
I was playing a game the other day and when asked to name the four largest employers in the US I guess walmart, Ford, GM and General Electric ... i was wrong. It was walmart, ford, GM, and UPS. It cost me a round of drinks.

DavidPT40:
A380 can hold 835 people.

Stacked like cord wood maybe.

brutus_scuba:
I was playing a game the other day and when asked to name the four largest employers in the US I guess walmart, Ford, GM and General Electric ... i was wrong. It was walmart, ford, GM, and UPS. It cost me a round of drinks.

General Electric was a good guess. You can count all the NBC employees in GE's headcount. Disney/ABC/ESPN would have a good guess also. (133,000 employes at Disney alone)

it's still wrong. See if you can get your drinks back.

ou didn't count the federal government in that. They employ easily over a million.
almost 500,000 alone in the Army. 696,000 people work for the US Postal Service.

You left McDonalds off your list also. They employ something like 480,000 employees. That's more than UPS's 385,000. Btw... it appears I was wrong on the UPS employee count. 385k I think is the US headcount. They have 428,000 with recent aquisitions and all employees. Still not as many as McDonalds.

so when you get your drinks paid back, ask him "You want fries with that?"

That seems low for the Army. With active, reserve, National Guard, and civilian components factored in, I bet it nears 1,000,000.

the official figure for the Army is 675,000 including active and reserves

the Army National Guard (not including the Air Force National Guard) has about 325,000 members

no idea how many civilians, but there's a lot of PX's out there :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom