AIR2 hose length

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DaveMT

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am sorry if this a commonly repeated thread, I am brand new here and haven't learned to navigate things well yet. I have just received a new scubapro Nighthawk 2 bc with AIR2. I am looking for recommendations on how to lengthen the hose. It's fine for inflating/deflating but is pretty short for using as secondary. I know this is an emergency use situation and not common but it would be much more comfortable with more freedom of movement. Thanks ahead of time

you will be hard pressed to find anyone on this forum that is going to tell you that an Air McDoodle is a good idea and there are major issues with lengthening the hoses as it will become even more of an entanglement hazard than it already is as it flops about.

That said, if you are determined, you can check some of the recent threads discussing hose length.

I am sorry if this a commonly repeated thread, I am brand new here and haven't learned to navigate things well yet. I have just received a new scubapro Nighthawk 2 bc with AIR2. I am looking for recommendations on how to lengthen the hose. It's fine for inflating/deflating but is pretty short for using as secondary. I know this is an emergency use situation and not common but it would be much more comfortable with more freedom of movement. Thanks ahead of time
I'm unclear why it needs to be longer. It only needs to get from your shoulder to your mouth. After all, it is for you, not for your buddy; the reg in your mouth is for your buddy. THAT's the one that could usefully be longer.

Mine whose AIRII I stuff inside and under the cummerbund which is totally inadvisable, of a Scubapro Classic jacket because it is so long and flops around is 17 inches. I'm a six footer, full head movement have spent most of some dives on it. Don't use the inflator much, deflate through the left shoulder. Don't use the Jacket much, ever, or the AIRII.

If you donate the AIR2 your giving your buoyancy controls to your buddy. Just fit a proper octopu.

Instead of making it longer, you can consider using a braided flex inflator hose. It'll bend more comfortably.

Take a look at this link and pay close attention to the special requirements of the inflator hoses that are also used for breathing and air flow requirements:

I am sorry if this a commonly repeated thread, I am brand new here and haven't learned to navigate things well yet. I have just received a new scubapro Nighthawk 2 bc with AIR2. I am looking for recommendations on how to lengthen the hose. It's fine for inflating/deflating but is pretty short for using as secondary. I know this is an emergency use situation and not common but it would be much more comfortable with more freedom of movement. Thanks ahead of movement.

I would not change a thing with its stock setup. That's just how those roll and aren't made for looking to the right nor giving freedom of movement.

Another option is selling it on the forum and buying a matching reg to your primary.

If you donate the AIR2 your giving your buoyancy controls to your buddy. Just fit a proper octopu.
Would the one donating be trying to go on a date or save both of our lives?

Or maybe the dates over, it was bad and now they are trying to do us in..
He's not going to donate that thing.

If someone tried to give be their air2, I'm gonna be the guy that rips their primary out of their mouth.:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom