Air share skills with female instructor problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steve_Dives:
Hey, if I'm getting my ears cuffed I'm going to try tuning in Mars! (Someone else can go for Uranus.) :11: :D

Sorry, as a man, I would rather being looking for Venus rather than Mars...

Thus diving with them was more pleasurable than safe.

uh-oh..

I think the answer is to just get used to your thoughts and accept the fact that the whole world is sexually charged...and so what?

Some people you will feel the energy with and some you won't. Does it really depend on how well they dive? can you really train it out of your system? (those astronauts, sure didn't) I say just accept it and control your actions.

I have noticed in really dangerous situations, the ER, the OR, an accident, dangerous sports, there is lots of sexual energy zinging around, more than say at golf or something more tame. If you don't act on it, why not just observe the energy in sort of an offhand matter of fact way? The answer lies in not making it bigger than it is.

I just take issue that if you are a really serious diver, then you won't be attracted to some other "inappropriate" dive buddy.

I know telling myself "it never crosses my mind" would be false. Just accepting it for what it is goes a long way to disarming it.

catherine96821:
I think the answer is to just get used to your thoughts and accept the fact that the whole world is sexually charged...and so what? .

Catherine: I think you are about right on all this. No matter how sophisticated we all are or want to be the primative brain does a "would I or would'nt I" all the time, in the supermarket, the dive boat, etc. Just human nature.

Sitting around the boat deck with wet, slinky females has it's moments... But, dive with enough woman as I have (a working Divemaster), and you really get used to them as buddies. My body movements, my eyes, what I say, my thoughts, all get geared towards the female in such a natural way that I rarely have an awkward moment. Of course, being 25 years-old is a long-ago memory too...

All right... here is a 25 year old female instructor point of view:

The only guys that have been cuffed are the few that wanted to practice sharing air for the sole purpose of grabbing something. (This includes one particularly advanced 11-yr old jr. open water student...) :)

Relax.
We lady instructors are strong divers, smart women and able to kick butt on air consumption at least. (Most guys are generally a bit intimidated, hence the posts about us somehow not being able to 'help' a guy that needs it... phsaa!)

Don't worry so much about this. We know that you are going to be bumping into us, we do the same. If you are really concerned, or the woman is, grab forearm to forearm instead. (I don't teach this way, but it does still keep you pretty close to the buddy while avoiding the $spots.)

Heck. Divers do it deeper, right?

Most of my dive buddies are female instructors. They love it when I start a buddy air sharing drill with them. I always miss the strap and catch a portion of the anatomy... heck it's my only chance. I'm not puritanical, I'm tyrannical.

Seriously, I've never worried about this when diving with a woman I know (and rarely dive with ones I don't... unless they'll let me). My buddies know that body contact is going to occur and they know I don't do anything gratuitous (unless I can get away with it). Even their husbands and boyfriends know that.

muddiver:
You guys are so full of s**t. Most of us don't dive with hot chicks (or any chick for that matter) because she is a REALLY good, strong, safe diver. Sorry that you are intmidated by your oposite sex instructor, but a certain amount of diving is close contact if you are doing the real "buddy team" concept.

And no I am not sexist. Some of the best divers I have worked with are women. We just all have our limitations, and I know most of the girls I've been in the water with couldn't pull me out in an emergency if they had to. Thus diving with them was more pleasurable than safe.

Well, I do. My main female buddies are all DM to instructor certified and several are more accomplished divers than I am (I'm not as graceful as they are underwater, but I get the job done). I dive with them because they are strong divers, able to rescue me if the need arose... and as an added plus they are not only extremely nice people, but pretty damned good looking. Just wish they were looking for me! Tee hee.

I have enjoyed this thread to no end, LMAO many times, but....when everything's going to hell in a bucket... what ever it takes, be it pushing a breast out of the way to get a grip under a BC strap or HOG harness, reaching between another divers butt cheeks to help them out with a weight belt hung on a crotch strap...no diver should hesitate to assist another. I know I wouldn't.

We can all decide who has the hots for who, over beers, after we all surface. IMHO

catherine96821:
The answer lies in not making it bigger than it is.

:11:

Ahem...yes, quite ...

(I can't believe this is my first post to SB, but there you have it - I'll go back to lurking now).

Michael

Back
Top Bottom