Air share skills with female instructor problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catherine96821:
Equipment exchange for DM can be interesting....

We had this method where I only worked the reg back and forth and he undid all the gear and switched us over. It went so smoothly, it was scarey.
I can say no one else would have had the guts to do it that way, I was speechless myself. It does eliminate a lot of confusion.

yah, the wetsuit exchange could definitely be problematic though :)

Most women who dive are not very prissy. If we were why would we spend a vacation in a beautiful tropical setting looking like a drowned rat? OK so sometimes in certain situations when you have to reach for a strap and you miss. Believe me I would know if it was a grope or something else.

Hehe... I just have to hope next time the person needing the share is wearing a nice BP/W with properly bent shoulder D-rings. You get a good grip, and you've got two inches of clearance and a fairly safe location. :wink:

gosh ... i've done tons of drills with two female board members, Mania and Jeandiver ... and this has never been an issue

we've done out of air drills, out of air drills in zero vis, you name it ... and it's never even crossed my mind that them being female changed anything...

i don't know what my point is

Funny thread!

Personally, I think you over reacted when you went to grab her strap. Then again, I'm not shy, and unless I'm doing a twisting motion with my fingers or a squeezing motion with my hand... I doubt she'd care or even notice!

Ber Rabbit:
Now if we're in the pool and you've got one hand on each tit with your head in the middle while saying "Tune in Tokyo" I'm going to cuff you in the ear :wink:
Ber :lilbunny:

I know everyone else has said it, but I have to register my "complaint" about needing to explain to work IT why I need a new monitor and keyboard and how all the coffee got in there!:rofl3:

H2Andy:
gosh ... i've done tons of drills with two female board members, Mania and Jeandiver ... and this has never been an issue

we've done out of air drills, out of air drills in zero vis, you name it ... and it's never even crossed my mind that them being female changed anything...

i don't know what my point is

I'm just wondering if it explains the sheep... :D

If you're worried about incidental contact during an air share drill, wait'll you have to help a dive buddy retrieve an errant crotch strap.

Just do what needs doing ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

TSandM:
On a very bad night training dive a while back, I lost my weight belt at the surface. It came off my waist, and was hanging from my crotch strap. My instructor had to go underwater and come up between my spread legs to try to get the thing free without losing it, and then he tried to put it back on me, which involved a sort of bear hug maneuver. This whole sequence was truly adding insult to the injury of having screwed up almost everything that could be screwed up during the whole dive!
The only possible way that could have been any funnier is if you had been wearing your favorite shirt.
:lol:

Back
Top Bottom