air service from Cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Or just take a taxi/bus and ferry
Mayair's planes are very small, so it might not be an option if you are traveling with mucho equipaje.

Is Mayair back in operation again? They were MIA the last time I looked at options into CZM. We can go direct to cancun from LAX and jump over but I really don't like the bag drag personally so we have been really limited to AA.

Hi, anybody know of air service from Cancun to Cozumel?
thanks
Jeff
There was a private charter available for such, but it was very expensive so I don't think he is operating now.
Is Mayair back in operation again?
I don't think so. It's difficult to make a 35 air-mile route work. They've tried several times, but with problems. I'd rather fly into and out of Cozumel, but when that's not possible, the bag drag is usually the only option.

I met a young couple in July that were on their way to the airport, they were flying in a small charter plane from cozumel to Cancun. I didn’t ask for specifics- probably should have.

From their Twitter page: https://twitter.com/flycozumel
Feb 13

We regret to inform you that it has become unfeasible for us to keep the current fleet of our Cessna´s operational in these challenging times. Therefore we have decided to stop operating. Thank you for your trust and loyalty with Fly Cozumel.

Hi, anybody know of air service from Cancun to Cozumel?
thanks
Jeff

Attached is the scheduled flights into the Cozumel airport for the next week. There is no Cancun traffic listed. This list includes all scheduled domestic and international flights.

Attachments

• VUELOS SEMANA 03 AL 09 DE OCTUBRE.pdf
    187.1 KB · Views: 115
We used Fly Cozumel once to fly from Cancun to Cozumel. It was a fun experience. Not cheap, but at approx $500 for the two of us we didn't think it was too dear. Unfortunately we looked into using it again last year and were told they had ceased operations.

Maybe mistaken but i believe flyczm shut down a year ago. Have not heard any news for quite sometime. Mayair also stopped flying czm. Have not heard about resumming service

Back
Top Bottom