AIR fills in Maine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oldschoolto

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
OK.... I had a deal to fill my tanks at the fire house....:wink: BUT, That came to a end when a fire fighter ( :dork2:Captain by the book :dork2:) started going off about it's not fire department equipment and lawsuits and on and on.... So... No fills....:no:

I'm in northern maine .... But drive a big truck and now need a place to fill my tanks..
4- alum 80's and 2-steel 72 plus a 40cu pony..( really cool old doubles ) will most like get another set of alum 80's being the travel and all.... Were would be a place to take my stuff....

jim...

OK.... I had a deal to fill my tanks at the fire house....:wink: BUT, That came to a end when a fire fighter ( :dork2:Captain by the book :dork2:) started going off about it's not fire department equipment and lawsuits and on and on.... So... No fills....:no:

I'm in northern maine .... But drive a big truck and now need a place to fill my tanks..
4- alum 80's and 2-steel 72 plus a 40cu pony..( really cool old doubles ) will most like get another set of alum 80's being the travel and all.... Were would be a place to take my stuff....

jim...

Where in Northern Maine... North of Bangor, not sure. If you are in the Bangor area, Down East Dive Shop on 1A in Dedham could fill you up. If in the Bar Harbor area, Hamilton Marine in Southwest Harbor.

Joe

I'm 3+ hrs north of Bangor... But stop at dysart truck stop all the time to fuel... I guess I call downeast in the morning... Thanks Joe...:wink:

Jim...

I tried Downeast in Dedham last summer and he was virtually shut down. Wasn't even interested in opening for fills.

While on Mt. Desert we have used Hamilton Marine in SW Harbor. ( Their compressor went sown last summer but they were to be up with a new one PDQ) Hamilton has always done good for us. The compressor situation was the only reason we contacted Downeast.

I maintain a list of sources in Maine. If anyone comes up with more please let me know so I can share the information. ( spectrum@gwi.net)

Pete

If you are three hours from BGR maybe Joe can hook you up in New Brunswick.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

I spoke with down east and He was very nice on the phone and said he'd work with me to get the fills done... As to New Brunswick, I was thinking that crossing the board might be a pain in the backside with customs.... I got this vision in my head of a inspector dumping the air and un-screwing the valves to "LOOK" inside... Anyone ever crossed filled tanks?

Jim...

I spoke with down east and He was very nice on the phone and said he'd work with me to get the fills done... As to New Brunswick, I was thinking that crossing the board might be a pain in the backside with customs.... I got this vision in my head of a inspector dumping the air and un-screwing the valves to "LOOK" inside... Anyone ever crossed filled tanks?

Jim...
We had a big discussion about this a couple years ago. Do a search under"canada border crossing thousand islands" if you're really interested. The most important part of the discussion is that the tanks must be stamped for use in Canada in order to be filled there. I went in through Vermont and crossed back at the Thousand Island Bridge with no problem either way. I think you might have a problem if they did a random vehicle search and saw the tanks. Then again, they might be used to divers if you're crossing in Castine, but who knows.

The border patrol is on the lookout for the hip new drug that everyone who is anyone is using, Nitrox !

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

post deleted by me....

Last edited:
All resource divers in sebec maine has $6 fills The owners name is Gene. Great guy filled 7 tanks for me last weekend. you have to call ahead though.
All Resource Divers
195 Downs Rd, Sebec ME 04481

(207) 564-0126

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom