Air 'conservation'

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

redhatmama:
Poor buoyancy and hoovering are the evil cojoined twins. Steel is your friend, Miss Mollusc. Ever thought about a stainless steel backplate? Combined with a steel cylinder, you have the Full Metal Jacket of scuba diving.

Ok sounds interesting. What's hoovering?

I know this sounds crazy, but what about prescription drugs like blood thinners or aspirin. Would they have an effect on the bloods ability to carry oxygen throughout your body? There are also non prescription products that claim to enhance your oxygen utilization. I know this is no substitute for experience, but was just curious what effect if any these things have.

I am certain they will have an effect, but probably not as large an effect as the problems they are compensating for. PLEASE: before you dive with any of these types of drugs consult a physician familiar with diving and hyperbaric physiology as well as consulting DAN. There is nothing down there worth risking your health for!

Back
Top Bottom