Aiieee!!! ScubaDiving mag discovers women!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

[sigh] despite the above observation it's JUST been discovered we ladies are anatomically different ~ it still doesn't seem to matter much to most manufacturers of dive equipment these days!

Having just gone thru the experience of trying to update my gear once again ~ it was scary I tell you! Some BCDs had quick release straps in the most inconvenient places and others just fit like a full cover bullet proof vest smashing everthing with a full frontal assault!

In 6 different stores, 4 of 6 sales guys removed items FOR ME from the rack with PINK on it and topped off their selections with an assortment of pink masks and fins to match.
GOOOOOD GRIEF CHARLEY BROWN!!!!
I'm all for whatever color anyone wants to selelct [pink included] but I sure wish folks wouldn't "assume" that all women want pink!
[sigh]
did not make a purchase after all that....

scubajoe:
Christine,
Have you tried Scuba Pro fins? They seem to be narrower then some of the others. I have a hard time getting my fat feet into them.

Joe

Joe: your signature is one of my favourite quotes of all time! Thanks for providing the correct and full version.

cozumelinsider:
[sigh]
In 6 different stores, 4 of 6 sales guys removed items FOR ME from the rack with PINK on it and topped off their selections with an assortment of pink masks and fins to match.
GOOOOOD GRIEF CHARLEY BROWN!!!!
I'm all for whatever color anyone wants to selelct [pink included] but I sure wish folks wouldn't "assume" that all women want pink!
[sigh]
did not make a purchase after all that....

Hi,

My cuz is a Marine Biologist and she LOVES pink for one reason, and one reason alone!! Closeouts!!

I guess pink may not be as popular with the fairer sex as manufactures may want to believe, and she owns some pink fins and a few other somewhat pink items because they were BIGTIME on sale!! LOL...

You can read about her latest discoveries on the following site, it's rather facinating BTW, more so for anyone who is interested in marine ecology.

http://oceanexplorer.noaa.gov/explorations/04deepscope/welcome.html

Ron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom