Question AI dive computers with specific sidemount mode?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Garmin Descent MK2i can show 2 tanks at once, there's even a screen where you can show your 'network' of 5 (I put them on the kids reg sets so I can monitor their pressures from afar). I prefer using my 2 AI Perdix's though, the pressures are always on the screen and I don't have to push buttons.

Wouldn’t it be nice if we could have an air integrated computer that indicates which tank is "active"?

There is one. Perdix AI. It’s the tank pressure that is decreasing. 🤪

QQ - can a ix3m be easily upgraded to deep or tech just by firmware or are the different hardware units?

QQ - can a ix3m be easily upgraded to deep or tech just by firmware or are the different hardware units?

Software upgradable. You just pay the software key license fee and you get a code you use to upgrade to the higher version. Your investment is protected with the Ratio dive computer since you can start with the lowest version of the ix3m and then upgrade the software to the next higher version after paying a fee.

Software upgradable. You just pay the software key license fee and you get a code you use to upgrade to the higher version. Your investment is protected with the Ratio dive computer since you can start with the lowest version of the ix3m and then upgrade the software to the next higher version after paying a fee.
Nice! And the upgrade fee is lesser than if buying 1st version? For ex if initial price is - Easy/100 Deep/200 Tech/300 then Easy can be upgraded to Deep for extra 100 and likewise from Deep to Tech?

Nice! And the upgrade fee is lesser than if buying 1st version? For ex if initial price is - Easy/100 Deep/200 Tech/300 then Easy can be upgraded to Deep for extra 100 and likewise from Deep to Tech?

You pay the price difference between the two units. In other words, you aren't going to be getting a discount for upgrading instead of buying the higher version from the beginning as far as I know. If you know that you are going to be buying the higher version within short time, I'd recommend that you buy the higher version from the beginning.

Please note that I am talking about the "GPS" version not the "PRO" version. I don't know what their policy is in regards to the "PRO" version. I don't think that you can upgrade from a "PRO" version to a "GPS" version since they have different HW AFAIK.

Back
Top Bottom