AI Computer vs SPG, or both?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For myself, the best utility & convenience for wireless AI was running line inside a wreck; light & reel on my left hand, and the computer/receiver pressure readout on my right. No need to switch reel & light over to my right hand to unclip & check the analog SPG with the left.

I don't use it anymore -again because of the sync & signal reaquire problems. . .

I believe entanglements due to AI in caves are none (because as said above, people don't use them), they are likely very low in wreck.
These are my impressions, I'm still wannabe for these (but will certainly not use AI then).

Now, I know 'entanglement' due to AI in rec. diving in boats are high probability. I thought ones were joking about the risk of people carrying tanks by the Transmitter... until I saw it. I think the TRX got broken, and that was a 400$ piece of gear :-(
I can also imagine that if not completely broken, it could have been damaged a little bit, then got worse during the dive and free flow, or leak bad. HP free flow may not be terrible, but still is bad and would force to end the dive anyway.

So eventually, AI computer are more likely to create issue in rec. diving, whether the TRX points up or down, due at least to the above example, which is said being 'common risk'.
Did anyone said DIR may be good for rec. diving as well ;-)

I also realized that fitting a reg+TRX into a reg bag is a pain, especially yoke version, and if the TRX points down...

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom