Age & Rank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just sitting and thinking,,,,,,looked at the PADI stats page and found that of all the PADI cert. divers in the US in my age group of 50-54,,,that we made up only approx. 4%--gee!

Also I am just curious as to the break down of certf. levels in terms of %...... does anyone have an idea (OW,,AOW,,RESC......)??

:)

I just certified OW on my 53rd birthday. How about that. 4%?

This must also get a bit distorted because not everybody has plans to follow a diving career so they will jump from agency to agency.
In my case I will do the odd course from any agency according to my interest at that moment.

fmw625:

!!!! Way to go....then I am not the only old newbie out there!!!! :wink:

fmw625:

My wife and will be finishing up our OW course at La Jolla shores this weekend. I'm 50 and she's 43. Maybe we will kick that 4% up to ohhhhhh maybe 4.00001%? lol

Proud to be a geezer..........

I just got my OW last weekend (at 50) and my g/f (42) is doing hers. I wonder if AARP has any diving discounts?

texdiveguy:
Just sitting and thinking,,,,,,looked at the PADI stats page and found that of all the PADI cert. divers in the US in my age group of 50-54,,,that we made up only approx. 4%--gee!

:)
Golly! At 61, what % am I in???

Barracuda2 :11:

Age 50, PADI AOW. Yeah, and how about AARP giving us diving discounts? We should unite and ask for one.

Age 58.. AOWI I want discounts too :)

I'll go for any discount that I can get. Going diving w/ MBT divers in Pensacola, FL Tuesday. Hope I,m not the oldest on the dive.

Back
Top Bottom