Age & Rank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

that 4% number is hard to swallow. i'd like to see the numbers broken down by age and actually dive regularly. because everyone is usually way older then me when i've gone dive or to anything dive related.

I am 22 with OW certification (just got certified few weekends ago), will go for AOW this fall. :D

54 and been diving since 1968.

49.5 and currently an SSI Master Diver with 110 dives - certified in 1999 at 44 with NAUI.

Becky

Certified at 49. DM at 50. Instructor at 52.

I have a friend who still dives at 74, although he only does warm water dives now.

Hey 6Gill ... I'm wondering if you were in ScubaSet last week? Seems like you might be the guy I was talking to at the fill station ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

aviddiver(him):
4%er Club

I suspect, when you're young, you mostly exist in the red, if you know what I mean. 5 cert dives; spent the allowance; then nada mas.

Any of you young'ins wish to square off?

Hit me with you best flame :) :) - right here in the 'ole imoticon.

Hmm. well, I'm almost 22, and got certified last year...sure diving is expensive but the advantage to this when you are young is that you can dedicate a large portion of you budget to it and not have SOs, friends, or relatives looking on it poorly..."She's young, she's irresponsible, of course she spends all her money on scuba!" Oh if they only knew! So for now I just look for the best deals for my limited budget (pre-season prices for passes at Dutch Springs and things like that) and I give up things I don't feel I need as much...like groceries.

I'm guessing that if I were in the 4% group I would get a bit of a different reaction to my current expenditures. :wink:

Great diving to all!

Melissa

My wife and I both are 52 and just finished our OW certification dives one week ago today. Isn't it great!

Back
Top Bottom