Afterall, you are breathing underwater!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Teamcasa

Sr. Moderator
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've read a number of threads where people say they don't like xxx type of diving and others reply that they love it and so should everyone else. Some posters get testy if someone questions their gear selection or even gear color.

If diving on a wreck makes your heart go pitter-patter then good. If looking at pretty fishes and reefs is your thing, groovy. If dodging stalagmites is your thing then by all means, do it. (After the proper training!) It does not matter if you look like a ninja, gothic action figure, a rabbit or superhero as long as you are having fun and are safe.

What makes scuba diving so special is that there is plenty of areas of interest and a huge amount of divable water to meet all of our varied interests, both recreationally and professionally.

Most divers tend to incorporate other interests into their diving like photography, videography, marine biology, ecology, oceanography, history, cartography, spelunking and many many more. In what other sport can we have such a wide area of interests and still have fun?

It is also a sport that a family can enjoy together, even if other family members don't dive. I doubt many non-diving spouses or children would complain much when Dad announced that the next family vacation was a two week trip to Hawaii or the Grand Caymans.

Dive, have fun and enjoy it, remember why you started diving in the first place.

Word!

Couldn't have said it better myself!

:cheerleader::drummer::jazzband:Good job Teamcasa.

Gary D.

Thanks guys.

wait.. whats the point?
hehehe

some of us like to stir the pot and get the natives restless! :p

Nah, I think it is more fun to pick apart every little thing that is wrong with the diver next to you or over the internet. Makes me feel more superior! - sarcasm alert

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom