AFI's top 100 movie quotes: What's missing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phil Connors: Do you ever have deja vu Mrs Lancaster?
Mrs Lancaster: I don't think so, but I could check with the kitchen. {Groundhog Day)

Bosley: What's this?
Dylan: Chinese fighting muffin.
Bosley: That's not funny. A friend of mine once took a Chinese fighting muffin in the chest; they sent him home in four Ziplock bags. (Charlie's Angels)

Principal McGee: "If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter." (Grease)

Bernie--the Hollywood Agent: I've to catch a plane.
Kermit the Frog: With that tongue? No way. (The Muppet Movie)

Homer Stokes: Is you is, or is you ain't, my constituency? (O' Brother, Where Art tThou?)

NetDoc:
Homer Stokes: Is you is, or is you ain't, my constituency? (O' Brother, Where Art tThou?)

Meg Ryan in Joe Vs the Volcano: 'I have no response for that.' :)

Just a few lines from probably the most quoted movie among my co-workers and one of my all time favorites!!

Peter Gibbons: You see Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.
Bob Porter: Don't... don't care?
Peter Gibbons: It's a problem of motivation, all right? Now if I work my *** off and Initech ships a few extra units, I don't see another dime, so where's the motivation? And here's another thing, I have eight different bosses right now.
Bob Porter: Eight?
Peter Gibbons: Eight, Bob. So that means when I make a mistake, I have eight different people coming by to tell me about it. That's my only real motivation is not to be hassled, that, and the fear of losing my job. But you know, Bob, that will only make someone work just hard enough not to get fired.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Joanna: You know what, Stan, if you want me to wear 37 pieces of flair, like your pretty boy over there Bryan, why don't you make the minimum 37 pieces of flair?
Stan, Chotchkie's Manager: Well, I thought I remembered you saying that you wanted to express yourself.
Joanna: You know what, I do want to express myself, okay. And I don't need 37 pieces of flair to do it.
[flips off Stan]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bill Lumbergh: Ahh, I'm going to have to go ahead and ask you to come in on Sunday, too...

Milton Waddams: Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler...

Milton Waddams: [talking on the phone] And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were merry, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire...

Great moments, are born from great opportunities. And thats what you have here tonight boys. That's what you've earned here tonight! One game. If we played them ten times, they might win nine. But not this game. Not tonight. Tonight, we skate with them. Tonight we stay with them and we shut them down, because we can! Tonight, WE are the greatest hockey team in the world. You were born to be hockey players, every one of you. And you were meant to be here tonight. This is your time. Their time is done, it's over. This is your night! Now go out there and take it from them!

And 2 days later not actually in the movie, a one line pep speech,

If you lose this game, you'll take it to your %$^&ing grave.

Herb was a God

Bob Porter: Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
Peter Gibbons: I wouldn't say I've been missing it, Bob! (Office Space)

HAL: I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission. And I want to help you. {2001: A Space Oddysey)

NetDoc:
Bob Porter: Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
Peter Gibbons: I wouldn't say I've been missing it, Bob! (Office Space)
Good one NetDoc...We must have the same twisted sense of humor!

that's another great movie...I forgot all about it.

Milton: The ratio of people to cake is too big.

-------------------------------------------------

Milton: Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler.

Kenny

--------------------------------------------
Well, I have all your equipment in my locker. You should probably come get it cause I can't fit my numchucks in there anymore.

----------------------------------------------

It's pretty much my favorite animal. It's like a lion and a tiger mixed... bred for its skills in magic.
------------------------------------------------

LaFawnduh is *the* best thing that has ever happened to me. I'm 100% positive she's my soul mate. Don't worry Napoleon, I'm sure there's a babe out there for you too. Peace out.

Kenny

Senator Jim Lane,"There's an old saying, to the victor belong the spoils."

Fletcher "There's another old saying senator, don't piss down my back and tell me its raining!"

I haven't read all of these so if this is already posted, forgive me.

"Life is hard, but it's harder if you're stupid." (may not be an exact quotation)
Redd Fox..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom