Aeris XR2 console computer failures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lemon

Reaction score
I recently purchased the Aeris XR2 console dive computer and have been having problems with it. Twice, it has gone into diagnostic mode in the middle of a dive and then turned off. This occurs at depth. Once it failed to even activate when going down (it had already been turned on but when i dove down it simply switched off.)

Anyone else with similar problems?

I purchased an XR2 and on the second dive at 90 feet every alarm on the thing started going off. We were diving Socorro and because of the computer alarms I was not allowed to dive for 24 hours. After the wait period the computer would not turn on. Turns out it was a bad pressure transducer. Sounds like your problem has a similar culprit. Send it back and Aeris will fix it or replace it. I haven't had a problem since the repair.

Jim

Thanks for the reply, Doubler. Did you send it back to the shop or direct to Aeris?

I recommend you contact Aeris direct and send it back. IMOE they are excellent on customer and after sales service.

Leapfrog is 100% correct. They have great customer service. Get on their website and e-mail them or get the phone number.

Jim

I recommend you contact Aeris direct and send it back. IMOE they are excellent on customer and after sales service.

My XR2 has been trouble free after 2 years so far. If you purchased it locally at your LDS, I'd give them a shot at it first. I had a problem with an Aeris product about a year ago and the shop gave me a replacement right on the spot. It may save you time.

Just by way of update on this thread - I called aeris direct and they were very helpful, just told me to send it back. I received a brand new XR2 console replacement in the mail today. Just in time for my upcoming liveaboard trip so I am very satisfied with their service.

Good news for you. I have had an XR2 all summer and have about 30 dives on mine. Never had any problems with it. It has been a great computer, although the interface program is pretty strange.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom