Aeris Computer Interface 2.x Under Windows Vista

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doug Krause:
Hi ronbeau -

The current version is not compatible with Vista. It is an active project and will be added to the next release. I'll send you an early copy as soon as I get my hands on it.

Doug

Doug,

It's been quite a while, anything on getting an early copy?

I loaded it on my laptop with VISTA and once I downloaded the patch (my backup CD didn't have it), the program worked perfectly....and continues to work perfectly. :wink:

Actually, I'm finding that every program I've tried to run with VISTA works fine, but perhaps I've just been very lucky.

I have a brand new Dell E1505 laptop running Windows Vista Ultimate, Intel T7200 processor, 2GB Ram, 32 bit system. When I try to launch the program, a window called "Aeris Computer Interface" pops open and says "You do not have an appropriate license to use this functionality". I found if I turn on the Windows Vista feature called "User Account Control" and reboot as requested, the ACI program will run. However the UAC function is extremely annoying therefore I don't normally enable it. So, does Aeris have a patch or work around?

Another more discouraging problem I have is with the USB driver. After I installed the USB driver, I plugged the data cable into the USB slot and my computer crashed, I got the Blue Screen of Death. Any help would be appreciated.

I installed the Aeris Computer Interface software under the released version of Windows Vista Business.

The installation went fine. When I try to launch the program I get the following message:

You do not have an appropriate license to use this functionality.

Do you have any idea why I would receive this message?

Most of the quirks I have run into with Vista are solved by always installing new programs by right clicking on the .exe installation file and selecting "Run as Administrator." I have not run into any program that will not run if I install it using that method (as opposed to about 1/3 that would not run properly before I stumbled on it)

Once you have installed a program by some other means (like permitting it to open on download, for example) there may be remnants that do not get removed using the uninstall feature - you may have to do manual removal of remnants before starting the installation process over again - or try installing from a different folder than the default one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom