Aeris Atmos 2 problem.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Skookumchuck

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
At the end of our dive on Sunday my son's Atmos 2 began endlessly scrolling through its functions while beeping and flashing it's warning light. Removing and replacing the battery had no effect. Anyone know of anything that can be done other than send it to the factory?
Thanks in advance, Andrew.

I have two Atmos 2's (my own and my wife's). They both experienced strange behavior (in our case, showing low battery, and beeping, after putting in new batteries as soon as they were H20 activated).

In our case, strangely enough, it turned out to be battery vendor specific. Problem wouldn't go away until we returned to the original battery brand (Sony, in this case). I've since had luck with Eveready as well.

I love the Atmos 2, so I'm unwilling to give it up, and wondering if it simply has sensitive voltage tolerances which may vary slightly between vendors.

Thanks for the reply BKP. The battery was the original Sony and now I find when I reinstall it after two days out of the water it starts normally but shows low battery. I think I'll try a new battery before sending it to California.

The affinity for the Sony batter usual shows up on activation. Batteries other than the Sony have a hard time coping with the load of booting up. Once past that they do fine. While they have the same tade number the properties vary. You might be able to find an old thread whe the output curves for many popular brands were posted.

The endless scrolling sounds like another matter. If this is a single occurance the "when in doubt, re-boot " rule may apply. If it recurrs, ship it off or decide to upgrade. That model has been out of production for a spell now.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom