Aeris A300 DC help with set up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blue steal

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just purchased an Aeris A300 DC wrist type and having a bit of trouble with the setup.
the CD in the box does not work nor did I get the activation code for the e-divenav video.
I found the manual online and the problem I think is a dead or low battery.
The backlight does not work. Problem may be the battery.
The manual was indicating that a voltage of <2.75 would cause the backlight to be inop.
The battery icon shows an outline of a battery with about 1/2 full.

Is it difficult to replace the battery? It takes a CR2450.
I don't need to use the tech mode, only the normal mode with single gas NX.

I know Aeris was bought out by Oceanic and the A300 (discontinued) is similar to the Oceanic VEO3.0
Any help would be appreciated.

Is it difficult to replace the battery? It takes a CR2450.
I'm told it is very easy, just use a coin to remove the cover, and careful with the O-ring. Aeris tech-support told me you don't need to replace the O-ring every single time, if it looks perfect and age is known. Obviously if it's been awhile, I'd replace it for good measure. They also recommend doing this swap in the same altitude/climate as your diving area if possible, just to prevent a differential in humidity/pressure inside the battery compartment. Refer to page-54 of the A300 CS manual for exact procedure:

http://www.diveaeris.com/media/wysiwyg/AE/manuals/A300CS_Manual_EN.pdf

I know Aeris was bought out by Oceanic and the A300 (discontinued) is similar to the Oceanic VEO3.0
Any help would be appreciated.
Yes they merged in May of 2014. It is the same exact computer as the Oceanic VTX (not the Veo), except for a couple small features/fixes in the latest firmware from Oceanic on June 2015: Removed low battery icon and/or fixed battery icon color chart, added EDT (elapsed dive time) to the display.

Last edited:
You can call them directly at 800-435-3483 and they will walk you through the whole computer setup and menus.

Back
Top Bottom