Advice RE: Panglao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We will probablly go over there around the 21st of May I will have visitors from the states, so we will spend a week here in Moalboal/Cebu and then we will head over to Bohol to do some more diving and take the Island tour.

Thanks to everyone. Looking forward to the trip. 3 days to go. Phil fun divers looks like a good op. Will probably scout around when I get there. Does anybody know who operates the dive shop at Amorita?

try sierra madre divers. the cheapest at 800php/dive if you have ur own equip
look for choi

Just got back from Panglao. Did 5 dives in 2 1/2 days. Dove with Philippine Fun Divers. The DM, Renato, was very good and helpful. The boat crew was helpful. Even the shop employees were pleasant. All the dives were deep, wall, drift dives. One of the dives, Arco point started as a sandy slope but eventually ended as a drift dive. Because the dives were deep SI was 1 to 1.5 hrs and only usually 2 are done per day. Lots of critters (large sea turtles, sea horses, frog fishes, triggers, morays and other eels, I even saw one as it caught a fish) I never saw before and the critters is usually larger than what I see in Anilao. (My diving so far is limited to Batangas). It was a very nice trip. Thanks again to everybody for the replies.

good to hear that you had a great time diving with Phil Fun divers. I had no complaints when I dove with them in January. A first class experience on all my dives. Stay wet my friend.

Nice posts, I am headed to Bohol on April 26 to May 1. I will definitely checkout Phil Fun Divers.

Regards,

Just got back from Panglao. Did 5 dives in 2 1/2 days. Dove with Philippine Fun Divers. The DM, Renato, was very good and helpful. The boat crew was helpful. Even the shop employees were pleasant. All the dives were deep, wall, drift dives. One of the dives, Arco point started as a sandy slope but eventually ended as a drift dive. Because the dives were deep SI was 1 to 1.5 hrs and only usually 2 are done per day. Lots of critters (large sea turtles, sea horses, frog fishes, triggers, morays and other eels, I even saw one as it caught a fish) I never saw before and the critters is usually larger than what I see in Anilao. (My diving so far is limited to Batangas). It was a very nice trip. Thanks again to everybody for the replies.

I'm planning on being there next month. The 2 dives per day is disappointing for me and I'd rather see more critters than go deeper. I like 3-4 available dives per day. Is there a night dive each day?

jbb - I think you can customize your dives although you will have to have your own DM since they are essential in spotting the critters. You may also have to repeat a site. I dove with a mixed group - japanese/dutch/russians. I was the only filipino in the group. But maybe if you are diving with friends you can arrange for a third dive site. The sea also tends to get rough in the afternoon but I think you can start early (usual departure is 9 AM). Did not do any night dives. I think they do night dives in the house reef in alona beach. It was not very impressive during the day. But who knows? Thinks tend to look quite differently at night. One more thing - there are no backplates for rent so I had to bring my own. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom