Advice RE: Panglao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pao

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi. I will be tagging along my wife in Panglao from April 9 to 11. We will be staying at Amorita Hotel. I have searched the forums here but still have a few questions. Would you recommend any dive ops near the resort? What type of dives can I expect/cert level needed (present cert: OW+Nitrox)? Are there any shops who rent BP/W? Or If I have to bring my own kit any advice on how to minimize excess baggage charges?

Thanks in advance,
Richard Sagpao

i think amorita has its own dive shop. i cant remember who set it up but they are manila-based. best to ask the resort.
as for minimizing excess baggage, maybe hand carry your regs and use an alum backplate instead of SS?

I think the dive op is the new philippine island divers (PIDs) .

I'll be diving balicasag first week of october and I'll be using bohol fun divers. They're the old hands behind PIDs before the split.

bohol diving? Wall diving, lots of it.

I fly PAL and I use PAL sportsplus which costs $30, good for 1 year and with add'l free baggage allowance of 20 kilos.

Just fly PAL like what Caloy said. 30 dollars for whole year of extra luggage. No need to get aluminum BP.

I think the dive op is the new philippine island divers (PIDs) .

I'll be diving balicasag first week of october and I'll be using bohol fun divers. They're the old hands behind PIDs before the split.

bohol diving? Wall diving, lots of it.

I fly PAL and I use PAL sportsplus which costs $30, good for 1 year and with add'l free baggage allowance of 20 kilos.

Holger runs Bohol Fun Divers right? I might try getting in touch with him. I have to find him first though. The problem is I only walk the beach late at night...LOL.

How do you apply for PAL Sportsplus? Might apply for one.

i think amorita has its own dive shop. i cant remember who set it up but they are manila-based. best to ask the resort.
as for minimizing excess baggage, maybe hand carry your regs and use an alum backplate instead of SS?

Yes Amorita has it's own dive shop. Its located near the dive pool in front of the stairway exiting Alona beach. Look for King.

Holger runs Bohol Fun Divers right? I might try getting in touch with him. I have to find him first though. The problem is I only walk the beach late at night...LOL.

How do you apply for PAL Sportsplus? Might apply for one.

scuba diving bohol philippines
Sportsplus? You need to go to a PAL ticket office. You have one in sydney, right? And the 30 us dlrs is for domestic flights only. Go to PAL website and click on Mabuhay miles.

two dives out to balicasag used to cost $36-50. depends on who you dive with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom