Advice - Pony/Bailout Bottle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DIR Stage Rigging in Detail

I'm sure this was linked before, but just in case. That is the basic DIY rigging. Use whatever clips you want. You can use tubular webbing instead of electrical tape under the worm clamp, or you can use a cam band, your choice. You can choose to use hose or not on the line, doesn't matter, just personal preference *though if you don't use a hose, which I don't, then I usually tie 2-3 extra knots in the line on the way down so it doesn't split apart during use, every 6-8 inches works pretty well. You can also use webbing instead of line, again it is personal preference, though with webbing you need to use slide locks in place of knots which drives cost up a few bucks.

regarding the orientation, you can choose to orient it whatever way you want, with the clips in line with the valve opening it puts the valve knob out which makes it easier to manipulate if you have to, but the line will come out perpendicular to the tank axis so it doesn't interfere with the regulator.

stage_reg.jpg

dst_on_30_large.jpg

the bottle will hang against your body similar to the yellow tank, so there is no real need to worry, it won't pull straight up, and when you are standing it is likely to be supported by the bottom clip, so it will be hanging away from your shoulder.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom