Advice on wing for twins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tough call on this one, those are both great wings, I've used them both before. I started with the Oxy then switched to the Torus 42 (same as 38 with more lift in the rear).
The Oxy wing is an awesome wing, but personally I went with the Torus.
You can't go wrong with either wing though

Cause he sells them. :wink:

You're high! :D They're the only wings I don't sell!

I think we (not you and I but on this board in general) have had this discussion... what... a hundred times? The guy asked two specific questions. I gave him two specific answers.

You're high! :D They're the only wings I don't sell!

I think we (not you and I but on this board in general) have had this discussion... what... a hundred times? The guy asked two specific questions. I gave him two specific answers.

and you still didn't get it right. You didn't tell him an AGIR 38.

I, who still doesn't believe in donut style doubles wings :wink:

Just as there are H hoes, I believe Mr. Ash is an Oxycheq ho. :wink:

I'm a H ho AND an Oxy ho! I am partial to the current Oxy line, however. IMHO, they win in the all-round best category... hands down.

I've had and liked BP/wings from OMS and Agir... but I ain't their ho. I've had products from Apeks... and while I'm certainly a DS4 ho, I don't care much for their BP/wing.

DSS? I've had their stuff. I'm most certainly not their ho.

If you are going to be diving AL80s with this wing, be mindful of how much lift is at the bottom of the wing. Those 80s are going to be awfully butt light at the end of your dives, and if you dive without a weightbelt, some of these wings are going to make that scenario worse.

and you still didn't get it right. You didn't tell him an AGIR 38.

I, who still doesn't believe in donut style doubles wings :wink:
Have you seen the new Agir 44?
20200044-6.jpg

I like my Oxycheq Vertex 55 much better than my Agir 56. But my Larry Green 45 might have to be swapped out for the Agir 44. . .

Have you seen the new Agir 44?
20200044-6.jpg

I like my Oxycheq Vertex 55 much better than my Agir 56. But my Larry Green 45 might have to be swapped out for the Agir 44. . .

No, I have the AGIR 38 and 55, but I never use the 55. (I should sell it)

I really like my Evolve wing. To be fair, I don't have much experience with other wings, but the Evolve seems to work really, really well for me.
I have an Evolve 60 and a Torus 49. In my experience, they both dive wonderfully.

The major differences ... other than a slight difference in lift capacity and size ... is that ...

- the Torus has three sets of mounting holes, giving you options for moving the wing up or down with respect to the cylinders and backplate ... the Evolve has only a single set of mounting holes

- the Evolve has a zipper, allowing access to the inner bladder ... the Torus does not

- the Evolve sells for $395 ... the Torus sells for $319

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I also have an Agir 38. After using the DSS 38 for a few dives, I dove my Agir again and it felt unstable in comparison (had to get used to going slightly head's up to redistribute gas if it was trapped on either side). :11: Still a good wing though and after a dive or two I was good. All are nice products. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom