Advice on wing for twins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alan_lee

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi everyone!

I'm hoping to start diving on doubles next year, on the advice of my instructor who reckoned that I should start diving in doubles after I complete the workshop next month. The rationale for diving doubles (during recreational dives) is so that I'd get used to the setup and also the feel of it, and when I finally take up tech, I'd be comfortable.

Am looking at the Oxycheq 360 and DSS Torus 38. My question is whether the Torus would fit my Halcyon backplate, and also how you would rate the two wings. I'll be largely diving in the tropics on AL80s, 2mm full suits and I'm presently using the Eclipse wings.

Cheers!

Well, the cost is one thing. I've heard good things about the 2 wings that I'm considering, so I thought I could spend less for an equally good wing, and spend the money on my new regs.

I dived a friends Torus 38 one day a couple of weeks back. Very stable wing.

The Torus 38 is the most stable wing I've ever used. Used it with an H ss backplate, no issues at all.

Am looking at the Oxycheq 360 and DSS Torus 38. My question is whether the Torus would fit my Halcyon backplate, and also how you would rate the two wings. I'll be largely diving in the tropics on AL80s, 2mm full suits and I'm presently using the Eclipse wings.

Yes, the Torus will fit your H plate.

I'd rate the Oxycheq 360 degree loop wings superior to the DSS Torus.

Just as there are H hoes, I believe Mr. Ash is an Oxycheq ho. :wink:

Why don't you go for Evolve?

I really like my Evolve wing. To be fair, I don't have much experience with other wings, but the Evolve seems to work really, really well for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom