Advice on Puerto Rico in December

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

djanni

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We're thinking about the Copamarina hotel located on the southern coast of Puerto Rico, in the town of Guanica.

Has anyone stayed there or know about the area for diving. Can you recommend a dive operator? There is a dive operator located at the Hotel.

They say the Hotel is a 2 hour drive from the San Juan airport. In general, we don't like the idea of a 2 hour drive just to get to hotel. We don't see alot about diving in Puerto Rico ao any advice and recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Don

I've got a business boondoggle in PR next week. We just checked with our hotel and they arrange dive trips (morning and afternoon). Not sure if the hotel (El Conquistador) has its own shop or uses another shop. We're going to do a one tank dive Friday afternoon and a two tanker on Sat morning. They told us the water temp is mid-80s (which surprised me, but then again, the air temp is 90 this week).

I'd be interested in anyone's experiences in diving in PR...

sdwho

I used to be the Captain & Dive Instructor at Copamarina. The resort is nice but pricey. It is very secluded & isolated. The diving is hit or miss. Some days the Wall is worldclass & others it is rough w/ low vis. The best diving in PR is on the West coast out of Rincon. The place is Desecheo Island, contact www.tainodivers.com for info. You can fly into Aguadilla out of NY, the airport code is BQN.

Back
Top Bottom