Advice needed for moving to Hawaii

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We know that, thanks. :)

He will be working 30 days at sea and 30 days off. We can just stay on the leeward side for a few days at a time when we dive. After looking at lifestyle etc., we're thinking Hilo is our choice for living. However, I'm going to fly out soon and check both sides out anyway.

And remember...we're renting...no big deal if we pick the wrong side. We can easily move, especially since we're coming with nearly nothing other than dive gear and clothing. :thumb:

Thank you!!!

We just found out that the house we want, they really want to rent it by April 15, and they have some other interested couples (which I'm not surprised, it is an awesome rental) and I'm not willing to move until the dogs can enter without quarantine, which is August. So, we're going to arrange for a furnished kitchenette that welcomes dogs for that month, and we'll have the whole month to find a different place. I sure hate to pass the other one up, but it just makes no sense to pay 3-1/2 months rent when we're going to have so many other moving expenses. What will be, will be.

WOW it may still work out...the owner really likes us, and a realtor friend of hers has asked if she can do a 4 month rental to a customer she has who is buying the house..it would be available August 15...praying real hard for this to work out!!! :thumb:

Keeping our fingers crossed for you.

Thank you! :)

I have a friend with a twenty acre tract planted in coffee and fruit trees near mm 93 (hwy 11) that will be available about June first, $500 a month, beautiful house, completely off-grid, but only accessible on a driveway that is about a half mile of 4x4 road.

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom