Advice for getting dives done to start DM program

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How 2 get 35 dives fast? Go on a 2-week tropical dive vacation. That alone, if you can dive 12 days should stack up to atleast 36 dives :wink:

Is there really no diving in Colorado? My fiancee is looking into post doc's after grad school and Denver was on our list. Are none of the lakes suitable for diving?

I dive them. They aren't very deep, and the visibility is not great.

Colorado is just a plane flight (or two) away from really great diving, though.

Is there really no diving in Colorado? My fiancee is looking into post doc's after grad school and Denver was on our list. Are none of the lakes suitable for diving?

Most of the diving around here is at Carter lake, Aurora Res, Chatfield Res, Turquoise lake(?) near Leadville or other high altitude lakes that I am hoping to learn more about. I have been freediving at a lake in Rocky Mountain National Park called Emerald lake but it's a three mile hike with gear so....

I dive them. They aren't very deep, and the visibility is not great.

Colorado is just a plane flight (or two) away from really great diving, though.

Eh, I live in Houston right now and our lakes, well the ones worth diving in, are about 30ft deep max and normally sub 10ft vis. I'd be at home it sounds like. I'm used to crappy conditions and having to travel for good diving so that's no big deal. I just need somewhere to get wet when I can't travel for diving.

Ok, Denver is back on our list!

Eh, I live in Houston right now and our lakes, well the ones worth diving in, are about 30ft deep max and normally sub 10ft vis. I'd be at home it sounds like. I'm used to crappy conditions and having to travel for good diving so that's no big deal. I just need somewhere to get wet when I can't travel for diving.

Ok, Denver is back on our list!

You'll feel right at home--and just contact me and I'll do the dives with you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom