Advertising algorithm is broken

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wetb4igetinthewater

Instructor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
There is nothing like this in my browsing history ever 😂
Screenshot_20221123-210206_Chrome.jpg

Yup

Cookies and information shared
Nope.

There are easy ways to turn off cookies and not share info. Recent new laws required that websites tell you about this. Hence all of the annoying popups asking you to accept (or choose) your tolerance level for cookies.

Without your consent, the only thing "they" can track via a browser is your IP address. That will be the IP address of the network device of the local network you are currently using. All of the computers on that network appear to be the same as they utilize the same IP address.

So you get lumped in with your family while you are at home. And everyone having coffee the same time as you at the local Starbucks. Or lots of different random people as you wander around town browsing on your cell phone.

Cookies can identify a specific computer (but still have no idea who and no real idea about where) but only if that computer is used to browse the same site a subsequent time, and only by that specific site. Cookies can not be shared across site's.

Or he could become a supporter and cease complaint

I google the worst possible stuff just to embarrass people that are peaking on my screen.
You should try that, it turns adds into a sort of a game.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom