Advanced Wreck Crossover Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Junky

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I recently did a crossover from NAUI recreational instructor to TDI. This crossover allows me to teach TDI Nitrox but I also have a NAUI Wreck Penetration c-card. Does this allow me to teach theTDI Advanced Wreck Class?

I recently did a crossover from NAUI recreational instructor to TDI. This crossover allows me to teach TDI Nitrox but I also have a NAUI Wreck Penetration c-card. Does this allow me to teach theTDI Advanced Wreck Class?

Are you a NAUI Advanced wreck instructor> If not then definately no and even if so you will probably need to do a crossover course with a IT.

Are you a NAUI Advanced wreck instructor> If not then definately no and even if so you will probably need to do a crossover course with a IT.

No I do not have any Tech Instructor status with NAUI. I have taken a couple of NAUI's Tech classes however. I have decided to teach technical classes through TDI instead of NAUI Tech. I was with the understanding that if I had taken TDI classes or, classes equivalent to TDI's classes then I would be able to teach them.

Your cross-over for your specialties is not automatic..., there are several ways to cross over for most specialties, but because you crossed over for one does not mean all your courses crossed over. Check your Instructor ratings on the SDI-TDI website and it'll tell you want you can and cannot teach.

Your cross-over for your specialties is not automatic..., there are several ways to cross over for most specialties, but because you crossed over for one does not mean all your courses crossed over. Check your Instructor ratings on the SDI-TDI website and it'll tell you want you can and cannot teach.

Thanks, I'll do that.

The crossover is exactly that. Your certifications are crossed over to the equivalent ratings in our system. Logically then, a diver cert does not magically become an instructor cert. You have to enroll in an instructor training program with an active TDI IT to earn that rating. Your certification as an advanced wreck diver with NAUI will serve to fulfill PART of the required prerequisites to sign up for an advanced wreck instructor program. Of course, this is based on general standards...

Hope this helps to sort things out. The simple solution to getting the definitive answers to questions such as these is to call our training and membership services department. They can pull up your ratings from the members' database.

Thanks Steve.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom