advanced to specialty instructor a good price ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oggy666

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
This is what the course includes for 5300, this also includes textbooks. Is this a good deal?

PADI PROFESSIONAL PLUS INSTRUCTOR COURSE
The PADI Professional Plus Instructor Course is a 12-14 week full time course providing training in Advanced, Emergency First Response, Rescue, and Divemaster levels. In addition to your Advanced to Dive Master certifications, you will broaden your knowledge of diving through a series of different specialty courses. You will also go through internships giving you experience with actual students and offering insights into effective ways to run scuba courses. Your program finishes with your Instructor Development Course (IDC). The IDC is an intensive program where you will learn comprehensive teaching techniques that you will use when you teach your own courses. Completion of the IDC will mean that you are familiar with the PADI system of diver training, you will know how to conduct academic, confined water and open water sessions and you meet the prerequisite training for the Instructors Examination (IE). The IE is independently conducted by PADI Canada and is a two day evaluation on the same criteria that you learned in the IDC Your final training will be conducted at the Instructor level where you receive instruction for your PADI Emergency First Response Instructor, DAN 02 Instructor, and five Specialty Instructor level certifications. Completion of the I.E will complete your training and certify you as a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor and on your way towards your PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer rating.
Certifications & Qualifications:
• PADI Advanced
• PADI Emergency First Response
• PADI Rescue Diver
• PADI Divemaster
• PADI Night Diver
• PADI Enriched Air
• PADI Deep Diver
• PADI Wreck Diver
• PADI Equipment Specialty
• PADI Drift Diver or Search & Recovery Diver
• PADI O2 Specialty
• PADI Assistant Instructor
• PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor
• PADI O2 Instructor
• Emergency First Response Instructor
• PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer prep
• Five PADI Specialty Instructor Trainer
(Navigation, Night, Deep, Wreck, Search &
Recovery) **
**10 dives in each specialty required to get Instructor
Required Ratings
Although a large part of being a dive instructor involves training divers, it is also important to realize that to be successful in the dive industry, there are other requirements that you must fulfill. For this reason, the PADI Professional Plus Instructor Course offers a complete system of professional diver education by providing a series of dive industry workshops. These workshops are designed to define your role as a dive instructor and give you a competitive edge when you look for employment. Completion of the course will mean that you are confident with all aspects of being a dive instructor not only with instruction!
Workshops - Scuba equipment service - Scuba Cylinder Inspection
- PADI Positive Approach Selling - Visual Plus Training
- Conducting and Marketing
PADI Specialty Courses
- Aqualung Service Technician
Special notes Instructor level certifications are dependant on the successful completion of the IE Certifications and workshops are subject to change due to availability and industry demand

thats not my question, i know what people think about these kind of courses. I appreciate you talking the time to respond though :) 14 weeks fulltime still better than 23 days lol

Last edited:
If you compare it to the 23 day course, it is certainly a much better deal. 3 months of training in anything for $5300 seems pretty cheap.

However, if no one will hire you, I don't know that you could consider it a good deal.

Do it while you can or buy a car or a house, or hang around here and listen to why I dislike Aqualung the company.

Look into a mirror and ask yourself one question. "Would I put the lives of my loved ones into his care?"

Zero to hero training: $5,300

High-quality training: Priceless

The consensus is that no one will hire you with this kind of course if you do not have the experience to do along with it.

The consensus on ScubaBoard from a few very vocal old schoolers is that they think no one will hire you with this kind of course if you do not have the experience to go with it, but it is probable that thousands of zero to hero's get hired by thousands of dive operators every year, even the ones that had very limited experience before they went to the Instructor Factory.

As a graduate of a Florida Keys Instructor Factory, I came back to Hawaii, got hired by the first dive shop I inquired with, and I was way better prepared to contribute to the operation than the new instructors who did it the old school way with local dive shops!

Thanks halemano I had a pm from some people that have completed this course and they now work at a local dive shop, I have only heard good things about this shop.

Back
Top Bottom