Advanced/Technical diving and mechanical aptitude

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you're an incompetent diver, then yes you will dive.

Amusing typo, or cynical philosophy? :D

The one time I used a different regulator it stopped delivering air at 70'. I made a free ascent and lived. I'm glad it didn't free flow, I would have died!:sarcasm:

If you think this is the case, you really ought to start over with some decent training. :shakehead:

See what I meant about brainwashing?

I was being sarcastic

I'm sorry but I had to laugh when I read this. I did well enough in basic calculus and statistics to get into vet school, but the thought having to go back and take "diffy-q" 15 years later sends cold chills down my spine. Please tell me there's a place for the right brained in the tech diving world. More power to you if that stuff comes naturally to you.

Deco algorithms are generated by numerical analysis.

I was being sarcastic

GolfClap.gif

Deco algorithms are generated by numerical analysis.

Parameters of the coupled system of differential equations representing tissue loading are indeed generated by numerical analysis. Fortunately, if tissues are not considered highly coupled, and are assumed to be "linear" ( as far as Diff-eqs go), it's easy to solve those equations and use exponential functions with half-times. The statement that tissue loading is changing at a rate determined by the difference of the tissue and ambient partial pressures is the statement of a differential equation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom