Advanced Open Water with Trim & Buoyancy with Chairman Pete (NetDoc) at Anthony's Key...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Let's be sure we have the right Sausage/SMB gang. These will be far, far harder to obtain in Roatan.

They should be at least 4 ft long, though 6 ft is preferable. They need to have an OPV (Over Pressurization Valve) and a push valve that can be either orally inflated or can also use your inflator hose. Halcyon makes the best and the most expensive one out there. It so happens that it's the one I dive with.

hog-0350_valve.jpg

The correct valve. Notice the valve is straight and smooth.

DX-105001_1.jpg

The far more common but unsuitable valve.
The rubber cushion gets in the way of using the hose.

I would like the finger spool to be 50 to 100 foot in length. NO REELS!!!

xs-scuba-finger-spool-reel-ac465_1.jpg

Correct Reel. Simple with a Stainless Steel Double Ender.
No handles, no inserts, just simple, simple, simple.

If you're unsure, please post a pic of your gear so we can be sure.

I've processed all the students through and you should be getting a notification of your e-card via your e-mail. If you haven't gotten that by now, please let me know!!! :D :D :D

There's always one, isn't there? :D :D :D Thanks, I failed to tick the checkbox that you were certified, so it's all done now!

Thanks again for the classes and the Nitrox !!!!!!!! What a great time and bonus certs!!!!! Jakes are all good but Lisa and myselfs are not showing up as 12:00pm and no other emails. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom