Advanced Open Water with Trim & Buoyancy with Chairman Pete (NetDoc) at Anthony's Key...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
OK gang...

Dennis has asked me to step up and provide some learning amidst the fun, so I've agreed to teach my NASE Advanced Open Water Diver class with a bit of trim and buoyancy on the side. Here's the low-down...

• Cost: $300/pp ($129 goes for the e-learning and is non-refundable)
  • 8 max students (first come basis)
  • Gear Inspection
  • Show up 20 minutes before each dive for briefing
  • Dives:
    • Trim & Buoyancy (an afternoon in the shallows)
    • Navigation
    • Deep
    • Wreck
    • Night
    • REEF Fish Survey (Join REEF.org Here!)
  • REEF Fishinar (May 11)
  • NitrOx (Join the free class or show me your card)
  • Skills
    • Trim & Buoyancy
    • Calculate SAC/Plan dives
    • Shoot Safety Sausage
    • Buddy Skills
    • Communicating with Dive Lights
    • Find Moonie
  • Required Equipment in Addition to standard Scuba equipment
    (most of the items listed can be purchased here: Netdoc's Safety Package)
    • Safety Sausage
    • 100 ft finger spool (not a reel)
    • Line cutter
    • 2 dive lights (1 primary and 1 secondary)
    • Compass (preferably not on a console)
    • Slate
    • Personal Dive Computer
  • Critical Dates:
    • ASAP: Sign up so we can send you an invoice and additional information. ONLY 8 SPOTS!
      1. You must be at least 12 years of age and a certified diver.
      2. Send an email with your full name, email address, phone number, & ScubaBoard name to divewithelena@gmail.com. Every student needs his/her own email address. This will secure your spot in the class.
      3. Please complete and attach to that email a copy of your Open Water Diver certification card and the 3 release forms (Medical Statement, Safe Diving Practices, and Liability Waiver) found here: NASE forms. We won't send e-learning codes without these.
      4. An invoice with payment options will be emailed to you.
    • May 7th: Last day to pay invoice and e-mail us the three release forms. E-learning codes will be sent soon after this date.
    • May 11th: Participate in the REEF Fishinar
    • June 7th: Email your e-learning completion certificate back to us. Make sure you have uploaded a passport/ID style mug shot in your NASE profile.
    • June 17th: the fun begins!
    Please post, PM or e-mail your questions to @Chairman Pete (netdoc@scubaboard.com) or @mselenaous (diviewithelena@gmail.com).

Schedule:
  • Day One
    • Morning Dives (1 & 2): Gear Inspection & Shake Out (initial SAC calculations)
    • Afternoon: To the shallows for Trim, Buoyancy & Propulsion (Optional if you've taken MY class)
  • Day Two
    • Morning Dive 1: Navigation
    • Morning Dive 2: Deep
    • Afternoon: Open and optional Trim, Buoyancy & Propulsion Workshop (Shallows)
  • Day Three
    • Morning Dive 1: Wreck
    • Morning Dive 2: Makeup or REEF Survey
    • Afternoon Dive: Makeup, REEF Survey or Just have FUN!!! :D
    • Night: Night Dive
All dives are subject to change due to Captain's schedule or weather. I don't have to be present for your REEF Survey, but you have to complete at least one. I do have to be present for all the others. Make ups will be done as time and weather permit and if needed. I need the following Log filled out for each dive and given to me at the end of the class. You can do calculations right on the log. You can download the Docx file and print these ahead of time.

Attachments

• AOW Log Book.docx
    14.2 KB · Views: 263
Any chance of there doing a rescue diver course while we are there? I am planning to do that in the Keys after the trip but it would be great to do it in Roatan!

I won't have the time or energy to do both. I can do a rescue class in Key Largo anytime you want.

AOW class
1-noj33
2-Leopard dog
3-Lilyan
4-Karen
5-DiverJake
6-
7-
8-

I will update this post when I get your information.

Last edited:
OK gang...

Dennis has asked me to step up and provide some learning amidst the fun, so I've agreed to teach my NASE Advanced Open Water Diver class with a bit of trim and buoyancy on the side. Here's the low-down...

• Cost: $300/pp ($129 goes for the e-learning and is non-refundable)
  • 8 max students (first come basis)
  • Gear Inspection
  • Show up 20 minutes before each dive for briefing
  • Dives:
    • Trim & Buoyancy (an afternoon in the shallows)
    • Navigation
    • Deep
    • Wreck
    • Night
    • REEF Fish Survey (Join REEF.org Here!)
  • REEF Fishinar (May 11)
  • NitrOx (Join the free class or show me your card)
  • Skills
    • Trim & Buoyancy
    • Calculate SAC/Plan dives
    • Shoot Safety Sausage
    • Buddy Skills
    • Communicating with Dive Lights
    • Find Moonie
  • Required Equipment in Addition to standard Scuba equipment
    (most of the items listed can be purchased here: Netdoc's Safety Package)
    • Safety Sausage
    • 100 ft finger spool (not a reel)
    • Line cutter
    • 2 dive lights (1 primary and 1 secondary)
    • Compass (preferably not on a console)
    • Slate
    • Personal Dive Computer
  • Critical Dates:
    • ASAP: Sign up so we can send you an invoice and additional information. ONLY 8 SPOTS!
      1. You must be at least 12 years of age and a certified diver.
      2. Send an email with your full name, email address, phone number, & ScubaBoard name to divewithelena@gmail.com. Every student needs his/her own email address. This will secure your spot in the class.
      3. Please complete and attach to that email a copy of your Open Water Diver certification card and the 3 release forms (Medical Statement, Safe Diving Practices, and Liability Waiver) found here: NASE forms. We won't send e-learning codes without these.
      4. An invoice with payment options will be emailed to you.
    • May 7th: Last day to pay invoice and e-mail us the three release forms. E-learning codes will be sent soon after this date.
    • May 11th: Participate in the REEF Fishinar
    • June 7th: Email your e-learning completion certificate back to us. Make sure you have uploaded a passport/ID style mug shot in your NASE profile.
    • June 17th: the fun begins!
    Please post, PM or e-mail your questions to @Chairman Pete (netdoc@scubaboard.com) or @mselenaous (diviewithelena@gmail.com).
That is a seriously outstanding price and value for all of that training! Very cool.

That is a seriously outstanding price and value for all of that training! Very cool.
Well, you're already paying for the boats, so that takes a bit of the sting out. You can be sure that it will be more fun than a barrel of sea monkeys. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom