Adv. Nitrox, Deco Pro, Trimix Courses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AquaTec

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I am offering TDI Courses in the following areas

British Columbia, Alberta, Washington, Oregon, and Idaho, possibly California and other areas if there is a demand

The course I am offering;
TDI
Nitrox
Advanced Nitrox
Decompression Procedures
Entry Trimix - Normoxic
Advanced Trimix - Hypoxic

Instructor level TDI courses
Nitrox
Advanced Nitrox
Deco Procedures

I can also offer some IANTD courses

If you are interested pm me or email me at scubaschools@hotmail.com

TDI NITROX DIVER
On this course you will learn how to dive safely using various Nitrox mixtures and how to analyse the oxygen percentage in the mixture, from 21% to 40% Oxygen. You will be restricted to a maximum depth of 130 ft. Upon successful completion of this course you will be issued with TDI Nitrox Diver certification. Included within the cost of the course is a manual and certification card as well as use of an Oxygen analyser and Oxygen.

TDI ADVANCED NITROX DIVER
This course is designed to train you to safely use EAN 21 through to 100% Oxygen for optimal mixes to a depth of 150 ft. where you are not required to carry out staged decompression. You will be required to carry out four certification dives using Nitrox on all.

TDI DECOMPRESSION PROCEDURES
This course examines the theory, methods and procedures of planned stage decompression diving. You will learn how to plan and conduct a standard staged decompression dive to a maximum depth of 150 ft.The most common equipment requirements, gear setups, decompression techniques and decompression mixtures (including oxygen and Nitrox) are presented. The course involves 4 dives where you will properly execute the planed dives within all pre-determined limits. On completion of the course you will be able to engage in decompression diving activities utilising air, Nitrox or oxygen.

TDI ENTRY LEVEL TRIMIX DIVER
The Entry Level Trimix course provides the training required to competently and safely utilise breathing gases containing helium for dives that require staged decompression, utilising Nitrox and / or oxygen mixtures during decompression to a maximum depth of 200ft. There will be four dives with two of the dives over 40 meters. The minimum pre-requisite for the Entry Level Trimix course is certification as an Advanced nitrox diver and Decompression Precedures.

TDI ADVANCED TRIMIX DIVER
The Advanced Trimix course provides the training required to competently and safely utilise breathing gases containing helium for dives that require staged decompression, utilising Nitrox and / or oxygen mixtures during decompression to a maximum depth of 300 ft.There will be four dives with two of the dives over 55 meters. The minimum pre-requisite for the Advanced Trimix course is certification as an Entry Level Trimix diver

AquaTec, could you please explain the rationale for doing nitrox dives to a maximum depth of 45m (TDI ADVANCED NITROX DIVER) and 50m (TDI DECOMPRESSION PROCEDURES).

Thank you.

sasdasdaf once bubbled...
AquaTec, could you please explain the rationale for doing nitrox dives to a maximum depth of 45m (TDI ADVANCED NITROX DIVER) and 50m (TDI DECOMPRESSION PROCEDURES).

Thank you.

The ratrionale is [but not limited to] the fact that Basic Nitrox is concidered recreation diving therefore the maximum depth stays within Recreational limits.
Decompression Procedures is Technical diving therefore it can go beyoned the recreational limits

I hope this answers your questions..if not then feel free to restate it or clarify it

I would think narcosis and possibly ox tox (depending on mix and depth) issues would warrant using helium-based gases at these depths. Most of the required training should be done shallow anyway, since this is the real test of task loading and buoyancy/trim mastery.

What is your view on this?

This level of training does not incorperate the use of Helium and in my oppinion it is not warrented to require helium to do dives to these depths. I will grant you that if you are allready trimix certified then you might justify the use.

Narcosis and ok tox are a deffinet possability, that is the purpose of the course to edgucate the divers about the potential and how to avoid it, ie use the right mix for the right depth.

The depth stated is stated as a maximum depth, skill and dives are conducted at several different depth.

The course is designed to teach you how to perform dives no deeper than the depth identified using the techniques aquired in the specific course taken.

for example lift bag deployment is a good skill to do at depth, and then do your deco to the surface using that lift bag. if done shallow then a lot of the skill is not addressed as well

sasdasdaf once bubbled...
I would think narcosis and possibly ox tox (depending on mix and depth) issues would warrant using helium-based gases at these depths. Most of the required training should be done shallow anyway, since this is the real test of task loading and buoyancy/trim mastery.

What is your view on this?

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom