Adopt a Soldier

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i was going to write some sort of anti war slogan...
but i reread what ann marie said...
any man or woman who have the b*lls 2 fight for freedom ( both sides ) i resesct
me i go to work, surf the net, and wish to dive...
i'm only new to the boards and i've had 1 or 2 to many...
but when the s**t hit the fan, my mum always used to say
"trust the man on the left, trust the man on the right, if he run's away shoot him.."
i just wish the polytricks would go away....

ann marie, i'm from england, so please forgive my not knowing this term,
what is plastic silverware...
do you mean send a plastic knife+fork with the item...
it's a big world out here,
i'm simple, sorry...?????

plastic silverware = plastic forks, spoons and knives. (Something to eat with other than fingers) :D

Please...DON'T do that again.

Ah, care to elaborate?

This kinds of organizations are great. As a mother of two Airforce airman. My daughter recently completed a six month deployment to the desert(exact desert classified), now my son will be doing his deployment starting in May in Kuwait. I'm proud of them but I also fear for their safety. I don't like the war but I support all the men and women that serve.

thanks... seems a simple word but it's heartfelt. Gifts are nice, stuff to give the locals are nice, non-meltable and non-perishable foods are nice, but even the letters... the postcards... they're all good too. when you're there, you focus on the duty, but you wonder about the safety of your friends and family at home, just as much as they're worrying about you. the running story about a "boring" day for you is anything but when you're in that foreign place.. not diving in pristine waters in a foreign place, but under duress and stress.

whatever you're doing, in any form, is appreciated! whether it's sending multiple boxes, organizing shipments, or something as simple as passing on helpful links so that others can get involved. money's tight for a lot of us, but your support doesn't have to cost a lot.. those that can give, do... those that can't do as much materially, can still give a "lot" with the letters and postcards... they're lifelines home... keep up the good work...

thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom