• No I dont tell them before diving

Votes: 39 66.1%
  • Yes if it was good

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • Yes if it was bad

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

on my non-Conch dives, ScubaBoard usually comes up in the context of me telling
someone i learned x, y, or z at ScubaBoard, and suggesting they try it.

i don't think i've actually ever "told" anyone about ScubaBoard without prompting

Uncle Pug:
Believe it or not... I have some SB polos too. :D And no... I don't wear them backwards.
Sometimes inside out but not backwards. :D

What a slave to fashion.:D

I tell other divers if the subject comes up. If I want a good meal then I tell people that I'm working for Travel and Leisure. :wink:

The thought of mentioning SB to a tour operator would not have crossed my mind... That being said, it's in my mind now... :D

people who use ScubaBoard

:)

I tell everyone about ScubaBoard. I love it!!!!

DiveMaster176493:
i always play the perks :wink:
lead a group of 6 - 8 and usually get a free trip.
mentioning a dive club and links back to the dive op is good for a discount package and free dives everytime.

Interesting! I'll have to try to play that out :)

I don't always tell people but some how they seem to figure it out anyway (maybe I should stop wearing my SB shirts around). Seriously though, when I'm checking out a "new" business I often hold off on disclosing who I work for simply so I can get a better picture of the business. Depending on my goal (to evaluate the store or just get a dive in) I will either explain it in due time, if it fits the conversion, or hold off and draw my conclusions without dropping any names. Ultimately it is a matter of what I'm doing, who it's with and what's being said. Getting new members is fun but sometimes it's just not appropriate to drop a name.

abitton:
The thought of mentioning SB to a tour operator would not have crossed my mind... That being said, it's in my mind now... :D

As Patrick Swayze said to Demi Moore in "Ghost".... "DITTO."

I do talk SB at Catalina's Dive Park since divers there often recognize me from my profile picture. Have never considered talking about it with an OP for better service. That's why I like the reviews in Undercurrents' Chap Books.

Dr. Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom