• No I dont tell them before diving

Votes: 39 66.1%
  • Yes if it was good

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • Yes if it was bad

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cdiver2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Some time ago I was at a dive resort that had some writer's come to do a story on dive resorts in the area, lets just say they were not treated the same way other guest's were so how could they give a correct account on how the every day Joe is treated at that resort?
I have also heard about people making it known they are on a board, seemed like they were looking to get preferential treatment. If so can you give a true trip report when you get back?
Me.....I don't say a word until the end of the last dive then if it was a good experience I would mention I am going to write a good report on them. If it was mediocre or bad I don't say anything.

you need a category for "focusing on the dive, SB is the last thing on my mind unless someone brings it up..."

Yeah... I don't really think to mention it either way, unless it gets brought up by someone else.

I usually tell other divers that I participate in a dive forum, never have I told a dive operator. They probably don't care, as long as they got your money this time. And I'm sure that some (not all) don't care about the next time.

Well, when I was at CocoView there wasn't much doubt ... I left ScubaBoard stickers pasted at various locations around the resort.

On the other hand, no one seemed interested in giving me preferential treatment ... :eyebrow:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I tell other divers but not a dive op. I would have to think that they probably wouldn't care.

When I went to Fiji as a guest of the Visitor's Bureau I was already aware that we were getting special treatment... the resorts were underwriting our stay for that matter.

But I mentioned SB at every chance I got because I saw it as an opportunity for SB to get some exposure and perhaps advertising revenue.

This last fall in Maui I also introduced myself as a ScubaBoarder... again not to get a better deal but to promote SB.

In fact... I'm wearing a t-shirt right now that has the SB logo on the back. :D

Uncle Pug:
When I went to Fiji as a guest of the Visitor's Bureau I was already aware that we were getting special treatment... the resorts were underwriting our stay for that matter.

But I mentioned SB at every chance I got because I saw it as an opportunity for SB to get some exposure and perhaps advertising revenue.

This last fall in Maui I also introduced myself as a ScubaBoarder... again not to get a better deal but to promote SB.

In fact... I'm wearing a t-shirt right now that has the SB logo on the back. :D

Good thing it is not a polo, as it would be on backwards. :D

Believe it or not... I have some SB polos too. :D And no... I don't wear them backwards.
Sometimes inside out but not backwards. :D

Back
Top Bottom