Adding weight to doubles rig

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bcolcla

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm looking for a solution to add 4lbs of lead to my doubles setup. I'm already using a 11lb v-weight, a steep backplate, and a large canister light, but at 300 psi on my lp 108s I'm a bit light especially now with a second empty deco bottle. I really hate to start wearing a weight belt if I can avoid it.

Regards,
Brian

You can try a tail weight pocket and throw it on your doubles. I also took one of those XS scuba weight pouches and stuck it behind my can light on my waist harness. Then, you can throw whatever amount of weight you want into the pouch.

Thread a 4lb brick onto the right waist band behind the can light. Only thread through one slot so the brick lays perpendicular to the webbing between the canister and the plate.

I second the Tail Weight Pouch!
XS-WB500-2T.jpg

Here's the link if you need it:
Highland Tail Weight Pouch *Buy Highland at DIVESEEKERS.com 888-SCUBA-47

Thanks for the suggestions. If I come across some 104s I might pick them up. In the mean time I'll add some weight. Does someone have a picture of a tail weight in use? I'm a little unclear how to rig it up since my v-weight already takes up most of the space below the bottom bolt on my doubles. If the tail weight solution doesn't work I'll add a weight behind my canister light as suggested.

Cheers
Brian

Thanks for the suggestions. If I come across some 104s I might pick them up. In the mean time I'll add some weight. Does someone have a picture of a tail weight in use? I'm a little unclear how to rig it up since my v-weight already takes up most of the space below the bottom bolt on my doubles. If the tail weight solution doesn't work I'll add a weight behind my canister light as suggested.

Cheers
Brian

There is no room for a tail weight pouch with a V-weight. Unless you make your own pouch with extra long straps.

Have you considered a P-weight? They end up being around 6 lbs, but I don't see why you couldn't make it slightly shorter if you didn't want the extra 2 lbs.

I use an XS Scuba "V" weight pouch (XS Scuba Pocket Weight Belts) as well as a tail pouch. My V is 3 lbs if memory serves, and I have a fiver in the tail. Works for me with both 100s and 130s and both sets of undergarments.

edit: re-read the OP. Like Richard said, you aren't going to be able to fit an off the shelf pouch with an 11# V weight. You may be able to add weight to the of the cylinders (using a weight belt with soft weight pouches).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom