Addiction to nitrogen narcosis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Richard Dayan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have experienced nitrogen narcosis many times and found the experience to be pleasurable. For me it feels euphoric at first, then I feel very calm and relaxed, the feeling lasts even after the dive until the next day. I also found myself craving this feeling when not scuba diving. Just wondering if anyone experienced the same thing.

I have experienced nitrogen narcosis many times and found the experience to be pleasurable. For me it feels euphoric at first, then I feel very calm and relaxed, the feeling lasts even after the dive until the next day. I also found myself craving this feeling when not scuba diving. Just wondering if anyone experienced the same thing.
Hi, I believe that the narcosis that you get down there allows you to disconnect and makes you feel good and relaxed. When back at the surface, the effects of narcosis are over but you still enjoy having had this relaxing moment. You are not the only one. Personnally, during a 40' TTS deco dive I can feel my mind getting clearer and all my senses back to 100%, after about half of the deco obligation during the shallow deco stops. Enjoy narcosis but always respect it

Sounds like N withdrawal symptoms, do more diving.

Was it Mares that had a flask with a tube hooked up to a reg mouthpiece with tap so you could take a drink

I think that you’re experiencing NITROUS withdrawal. Are you getting your tanks filled at a dentist’s office?

With all of the rhum in the world, you want to chance drowning just for a good buzz?

After all, as we should all know by now, reality is an illusion caused by the lack of nitrogen in our tissues. Isn't it?

Was it Mares that had a flask with a tube hooked up to a reg mouthpiece with tap so you could take a drink
Dont need to get that fancy -- Take a silicone flask with on every dive. You know -- to take a fresh water drink while diving in salt.
1699307478152.png

Back
Top Bottom