Active Divers over the age of 50

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

59. Last certification CMAS 3* here in France was in 2007. Diving since 1994. About 1100 dives.... and still want to dive everywhere on the planet more than ever !!
I MUST know what watch you're wearing.

Is it wrong to encourage an 83 year old to get his OW cert?

He's still wanting to fly and carries a 2nd class medical, so who knows?

Me? I'm pushing 59.

69 here...I've become that inactive diver. Haven't been diving in 7 years so that puts my last dives at 62. Was in the Bahamas the year before in Key West. Retiring from diving.
I am 60 and hoping I am going to dive at least till 70. Last weekend, we screwed the pooch and ended up with a 300 yard surface swim in open water, full gear.

59. Last certification CMAS 3* here in France was in 2007. Diving since 1994. About 1100 dives.... and still want to dive everywhere on the planet more than ever !!

You wanna come and dive with me here in Libya???

I am 60 and hoping I am going to dive at least till 70

You are very young, why stop at 70???

I wish you all many, many, many more decades of awesome diving in great health, happiness and prosperity with your families, friends and loved ones!!!

You are very young, why stop at 70???

I wish you all many, many, many more decades of awesome diving in great health, happiness and prosperity with your families, friends and loved ones!!!
Insh'Allah!

This is a Seiko Spring Drive, titanium, 600m, GMT. A fabulous watch discontinued i guess, probably with no equivalent today.
That's what I though. Seiko Luxe has a beautiful titanium spring drive but I just can't get my head around $6,000 for a work watch. I need to thin out my collection before I buy any more watches.

No, that will never happen. I just keep buying bigger watch cases.

I'm nearly 61 and in February I spent four days diving with an 80 year old at Blue Angel in Cozumel. As I told him after one of our dives together, "At 80 years of age and still boat diving, I consider you one of my heroes." I hope to be diving in 20 years, just like I have been for the past 47.

I must have missed this thread, 50 is just a youngster.

I was recertified in 1997, when I was just 43. I have about 2,200 dives since I turned 50. I have been to the Red Sea, Cocos, Galapagos, Revillagigedos, and Malpelo after I turned 60. I solo drift dive in SE FL out of my home north of Boynton Beach, FL very frequently. I am 69 now, I am going back to Malpelo in July.
I turned 70 in January. I had a relatively tough year and a half with a couple of medical problems but am now healthy and fit again. I'm up to 2360 dives and had a great trip to Malpelo last summer. I am going on my 2nd trip to the Revillagigedos next week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom