Active Divers over the age of 50

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NitroxSam

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Not sure if this is the right place for this thread. I am curious as to how many SB members, who are still active divers, are over the age of 50? Also, how long they have been diving, how often they dive, and what types of diving they do?

:popcorn:

53. Been diving for 6 years. Did full cave in August, first CCR class in October. I dive every weekend from early spring to sometime in November. Winter diving in the Midwest is sketchy. Will be back to Great Lakes wreck diving this year. I’m a cold water diver except for the cenotes in MX. No salt.

Yep
25yrs
Every 10-12 days {weather}
Harvester.

56 years old and starting to feel it.

I’ve been diving since I was 14 with break for early married life and young child.

I dive most weeks, a mixture of work and pleasure, probably averaging about 150 a year.

Teach recreational and technical diving, but also for fun. Part-time commercial diving for extra money.

64 and warm water only for the last 6 years. Enjoyed the cold water diving but just don't feel like it anymore. Ocean diving when away on holidays and Tulum and area for cave diving. One of my cave buddies that lives out in the mountains near us is about 10 years older than me. last time Doug and i dove together was 4 years ago. He was early 70's for our last cave dive together. feel like I have another 5 years of diving at that level left in me.

Back
Top Bottom